Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what happened to squeezeboxes.co.uk? closed til november?  (Read 1947 times)

RVJ87

what happened to squeezeboxes.co.uk? closed til november?
« on: September 03, 2018, 11:15:14 AM »

Hello all,
Would anyone be able to tell me what's happened to squeezeboxes.co.uk?
 I need a new melodeon and I was hoping to be able to book a time and date, and go over to leeds for the day to see what I can get, but I've been having some problems contacting them.
 I've sent an email, to which I've had no reply. I've called several times and been met with the same voicemail message which tells me that they are "away for most of August", and I'm wondering what's happened.
Any info hugely appreciated. Many thanks.
PS I think I remember reading somewhere they were closed til this November? True or not?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 11:25:12 AM by RVJ87 »

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
Re: what happened to squeezeboxes.co.uk? closed til november?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 11:41:45 AM »

It is common in large parts of Europe to close for the whole of August, so maybe they've gone continental.

SJ
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 11:45:27 AM »

Kind of guess they have been on the round of Festivals

rees

• Windjammer
    • Wesson Accordions
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 12:56:38 PM »

Martyn is currently in Italy.
Rees Wesson (accordion builder and mechanic)
Gungrog, Welshpool, Wales, UK
www.melodeons.com

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 12:58:47 PM »

Hello all,
Would anyone be able to tell me what's happened to squeezeboxes.co.uk?
 I need a new melodeon and I was hoping to be able to book a time and date, and go over to leeds for the day to see what I can get, but I've been having some problems contacting them.
 I've sent an email, to which I've had no reply. I've called several times and been met with the same voicemail message which tells me that they are "away for most of August", and I'm wondering what's happened.
Any info hugely appreciated. Many thanks.
PS I think I remember reading somewhere they were closed til this November? True or not?

Why not arrange to see Pete Ward of Acorn Instruments (and on this forum)? He's based just north of York, so not such a different journey from going to Leeds. Pete has a comprehensive range of instruments in stock, mostly Castagnaris, and a large room to try them out to your heart's content. Give him a call/e-mail/message to book a day and time. He's normally available most reasonable times (and definitely not closed until November!).

http://www.acorninstruments.co.uk
info@acorninstruments.co.uk
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 01:31:44 PM »

Kind of guess they have been on the round of Festivals

Yep. Saw Martin last week at Towersey.  Also saw him at Sidmouth,  pretty sure he was in Italy in between. 

No idea where the 'closed till November' came from asthey were very much open for business just last week.

OP - I'd keep trying if I were you.

Sideways typing on the wooden handbag (now with added electric typewriter).

Green Man Sword | Helena Handcart on Soundcloud| Squeezebox from Scratch |

RVJ87

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 05:19:02 AM »

Hello and thanks for all your responses. I have just had an email from squeezeboxes saying they're away til the tenth so I suppose I'll have to wait a while  :-\ 
@steve_freereeder Funny you should mention Pete Ward. I went to see him last year, bought a Castagnari Mory from him. Unfortunately I've since discovered that Castagnari boxes, while very nice, aren't really my thing. Mind you I will certainly consider giving him a call again to see if he has anything interesting.

pete /acorn

• .Cast Trilly
    • Acorn Instruments
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 08:11:09 AM »

Hi
If you are wanting something smaller and very fast I have a Paddy Clancy DG available soon.It is at Theos at the moment getting sorted
Acorn Instruments are the official retailer for Castagnari Instruments,Melodeons and Accordions for England and Scotland and have an extensive stock of new instruments on the shelf for prompt delivery in standard layouts however these can easily be changed to customers specia lrequirements
 We also have the largest stock in the UK of  pre loved melodons all fully serviced,and with 12 months warranty
UK and international customers catered for
www.acorninstruments.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal