Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Signing in?  (Read 1266 times)

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
    • "Our Luxor B&B" Luxor life, slice by slice.
Signing in?
« on: October 06, 2018, 07:30:58 AM »

I'm rather fearful of posting this here, as I don't want to be posting in the wrong place, but I don't really know where else it could go!

I'm having to sign in every day, and cannot imagine why this has changed. I was signed in "forever", but something's happened and I don't know what. Any ideas chums?
At last, broken and resigned to accept conformity.
Oh, how I LOVE Big Brother!

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
Re: Signing in?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 08:54:36 AM »

I'm rather fearful of posting this here, as I don't want to be posting in the wrong place, but I don't really know where else it could go!

I'm having to sign in every day, and cannot imagine why this has changed. I was signed in "forever", but something's happened and I don't know what. Any ideas chums?
There has been a server upgrade recently and it is possible your login preferences have been overwritten with the default. Depending on which web browser you are using, the methodology might be slightly different from one to another, but the things to try first are...

(i) Clear your browser cache. The cache stores information about each website you visit, so that the next time you visit, unchanged items (e.g. the forum headers and page layouts, etc) don't have to be reloaded from the server each time, rendering the browsing process quicker.

To clear your cache, look for the options in your browser preferences or sometimes in the drop-down menus along the top of the browser page. Select 'clear cache' or similar wording. Once you've done that, quit your browser and then reopen it again. To be really sure, you could re-start your computer. Then, go to melnet and re-login as usual with your user name and password. Also select the option 'forever'. Once you've done that, the 'forever' login should work each subsequent time you visit.

(ii) If that still doesn't work, you might need to delete the melnet cookie.
Similarly to the cache, you can find the cookies in your browser preferences or dropdown menus. They might be under 'security' or 'privacy' or something like that. There will probably be a long list of cookies from all your previous web browsing. Some will have obscure names but the one you want will be entitled 'melodeon.net'. Select it and choose 'remove' or 'delete'. Quit your browser and then re-open it. Again, to be really sure, restart your computer, although it shouldn't really be necessary. When you open melnet again, a new cookie will be set which will replace the deleted one.

Good luck!
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
    • "Our Luxor B&B" Luxor life, slice by slice.
Re: Signing in?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 09:28:57 AM »

Thanks, Steve. I'll (gingerly) try that, with fingers and toes crossed that I don't delete anything important in the process!
At last, broken and resigned to accept conformity.
Oh, how I LOVE Big Brother!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal