Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How about a photo list of Hohner models  (Read 2565 times)

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
How about a photo list of Hohner models
« on: September 30, 2018, 03:32:19 PM »

I keep finding odd models that I can't identify, because they aren't named, and it might help me and others to find out what's what. It's the numbered models I struggle with. Like the one with the laurel wreaths on the front, and the metal front to the treble keyboard. (2915?)
So I wondered if this might be a good resource to have.

Sir John
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
    • "Our Luxor B&B" Luxor life, slice by slice.
Re: How about a photo list of Hohner models
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 07:43:21 PM »

'Twould be a wonderful resource, Sir John. But a great deal of work for someone!
There's something I've seen, a bit similar, by someone on here already, but I cannot recall his name. He has some sort of title though, like an administrator, archivist or something?
At last, broken and resigned to accept conformity.
Oh, how I LOVE Big Brother!

Corinto

• Regular debater
  • Spain/Brasil/Belgium
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 09:07:29 PM »

My Hohner Cornelia I

[img width= height=]http://www.caballo.com/002018Cloud/HohnerCorneliaI.jpg[/img]
Carpe diem, C.

Corinto

• Regular debater
  • Spain/Brasil/Belgium
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 09:08:55 PM »

My Hohner Pirol

[img width= height=]http://www.caballo.com/002018Cloud/HohnerPirol.jpg[/img]
Carpe diem, C.

triskel

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 05:12:13 AM »

I keep finding odd models that I can't identify, because they aren't named, and it might help me and others to find out what's what. It's the numbered models I struggle with. ... So I wondered if this might be a good resource to have.

No problem, I'll start on it immediately if somebody will provide me with a living wage, the next few years, to research the whole sorry mess...  ;)

Do you want piano accordions and CBAs too? Design changes from year to year?

Like the one with the laurel wreaths on the front, and the metal front to the treble keyboard. (2915?)

That's the 3515 (the 3515 1/2 to be precise) or 1020 in Ireland, their top model in a pokerwork-sized 2-row in the 1930s.

2915 is the "modern" pokerwork (though that should really be called Goldbrand), whilst the "proper" pokerwork was the 2815, the number Hohner USA carried on using for the 2915 that replaced it. (And then there have been umpteen other odd "pokerworks", since the 1920s... )

Complicated?

It's a minefield!  :o

triskel

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 05:34:53 AM »

'Twould be a wonderful resource, Sir John. But a great deal of work for someone!

You bet!

There's something I've seen, a bit similar, by someone on here already, but I cannot recall his name. He has some sort of title though, like an administrator, archivist or something?

You're probably thinking of the Hohner club numerals thread, and especially this post from Christopher K., Content Manager, and the subsequent one from myself.

But those lists are based solely on what's in the Hohner book, and by no means exhaustive - and they're only of Club Models!  :o

Martin J

• Poole, Dorset
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 12:50:10 PM »

We tried an instrument database which was an excellent resource but regretfully got hacked and was closed in February 2011
Castagnari, Weltmeister, Giustozzi, Streb, too many Hohners.  No Strings Attached ceilidh band
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal