Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Morris side recruiting dancers - Exeter.  (Read 783 times)

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
Morris side recruiting dancers - Exeter.
« on: October 07, 2018, 05:52:42 PM »

Hi People,
The new morris practice season is getting underway, and we are currently recruiting.
With the hand in glove link between morris and melodeons, our main lead instruments, and post dance music sessions etc., I hope I can post this here in case anyone here is interested, or you know someone looking to dance with a side in Exeter.
Here is our flyer, going out on various websites:

Great Western Morris are Recruiting for 2019

Exeter-based Great Western Morris are beginning their winter practice season and new dancers are welcome!

The team practices every Monday from 8.00pm to 10.00pm at Bowhill School, Buddle Lane, Exeter. Great Western are a well-known team with a national following. They dance with energy and flare, so dancers need to be reasonably fit. They appear at festivals all over the country and beyond, from Sidmouth to Shrewsbury, the USA, France, Italy, Ireland and the Czech Republic. You can also see the team at local pubs and events throughout the summer, such as Exeter Pride.

Morris dancing is one of England’s oldest dance styles, but isn’t stuck in the past and continues to evolve. Great Western started in the late 1960s, with members’ children now providing a second generation of dancers and musicians. The side prides itself on having fun and entertaining audiences. And it doesn’t end there! Members run and attend music and folk song sessions in local pubs, perform in Ceilidh Bands, support the Chiefs, ride out on motorcycles, walk the countryside and build and sail boats. There’s a lot going on in and around the team, and they’re always keen to try something new!

Potential members are very welcome to try out a practice night.
There’s no membership fee for the first year, and they’ll stand you a drink at the Royal Oak after your first session. Now there’s an offer!
For more information about Great Western visit their web page: http://greatwesternmorris.org.uk/ or find them on Facebook. ..."

For any more information, please p.m. me.
cheers
Q

( Theo, if you think this is seriously beyond the scope of the forum, I understand if it is consequently removed )
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 06:41:07 PM by Thrupenny Bit »
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal