Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Melodeon Playgroup stories  (Read 992 times)

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
Melodeon Playgroup stories
« on: October 28, 2018, 08:28:20 PM »

Hello fellow melnutters - well, specifically those who have attended Melodeon Playgroup.  I'm interested in collecting some of your stories about why you first went to Melodeon Playgroup, what prompted you to attend, what you have got out of the experience and your melodeon progress since. No need to post below if you don't want to share with the whole of Melnetland - pm me if you'd prefer.

Thanks [:]|||||||[:]
Sideways typing on the wooden handbag (now with added electric typewriter).

Green Man Sword | Helena Handcart on Soundcloud| Squeezebox from Scratch |

Nigel

• Respected Sage
Re: Melodeon Playgroup stories
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 09:06:41 PM »

Dear Ms Handcart.
You wanted my stories!
why you first went to Melodeon Playgroup - It sounded like a brilliant idea which would enable me to try to play without being worried about looking like a complete fool! A safe haven.
what prompted you to attend - the posts in melnet and my tutor, Mel Biggs.
what you have got out of the experience - more confidence, not too frightened in leading and playing tunes at sessions, great enthusiasm and lots of new friends.
your melodeon progress since - improved to intermediate level (lower end) but not always in an even way whilst prone to episodes of over-confidence. I'm just a Guy who is making a stab at playing a box (sometimes the right notes in the correct order) and will never be a musician. It's still fun!
Thank you so much "Original PlayGroup".

Little Eggy

Re: Melodeon Playgroup stories
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 05:04:29 PM »

Why you first went to Melodeon Playgroup  -  Curiosity, plus chance to meet with/ play with others

what prompted you to attend   It was reasonably close to Bristol, chance to meet Mel and Lester

what you have got out of the experience  Some fun going through a new tune or two; confidence in my ability

and your melodeon progress since.   Others would be best placed to judge but I'm much happier tackling new tunes and feel I've made a lot of progress in some areas of my playing - learning by ear/ crossing the rows.  Still struggle with 3/4 timing and still limited in my bass/chord playing
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal