Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tune of the Month for November 2018: Adieu les filles de mon pays  (Read 2541 times)

Ransom

Re: Tune of the Month for November 2018: Adieu les filles de mon pays
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2018, 01:37:59 AM »

Thank you, gentlemen! I'm glad we picked an easy one, as it seems to have come out more or less right-side-up. Our December tune seems fun, but rather more challenging, so I'm afraid the month will be gone well before I get the left hand working.

So yeah. Ransom notes are my usual style, but I might have to stick in some promissory notes next time. :P

Tone Dumb Greg

• DG Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, old CF Hohner
    • Dartmoor Border Morris
Re: Tune of the Month for November 2018: Adieu les filles de mon pays
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2018, 08:44:36 AM »

... Our December tune seems fun, but rather more challenging, so I'm afraid the month will be gone well before I get the left hand working...

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

If you are finding The Italian Rant a bit difficult to get into (the choice of basses is a long way from straightforward, in my opinion, even when  you get the melody sorted out), why not concentrate on the theme for December and work up one or two winter tunes. Anything from cold spells to Christmas?

The other thing I would suggest is that you go onto the General Discussion Forum and introduce yourself to everyone there. Melodeon.net is a very friendly forum.

A little bit of basic info is always good. What instruments you play, how long you've been playing, which part of the world you're in, stuff like that.
Greg Smith
Is not the space between Heaven and Earth like a bellows?
It is empty, but lacks nothing.
The more it moves, the more comes out of it.
Lao Tzu
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.