Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theme of the Month for November 2018: Tunes written by forum members  (Read 9908 times)

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
Re: Theme of the Month for November 2018: Tunes written by forum members
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2018, 12:16:55 AM »

What can I say? Tomorrow is the thanksgiving ceremony for the lad that I told you about. This really helps. Thanks for your understanding and for the hug that is someone playing something I wrote.
Pete
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

Fred

• G/C Pariselle, D/G Loffet & maybe too many Hohners
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2018, 01:13:35 AM »

Well played Eshed, that was enjoyable to listen to. The C/F fits the song nicely as it seems.

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2018, 11:00:39 AM »

I thought I'd slip this in under the wire.

https://soundcloud.com/greg-bradfield-smith/tideford-hall

Trent Bridge

Written by the excellent Pauling McKeogh, AKA Ganderbox  of this parish. Not posting these days, but a sometime regular patron of the site and still an occasional visitor.

Originally written as a jig she decided it worked better in 4/4 and set Catseye's Dance "Tideford Hall" to it.

Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

Julian S

• D/G Pastourelle 2, Dony, Pokerwork, G/C Pariselle
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2018, 12:37:54 PM »

My latest tune 'Inglestone Common'. This started as a schottische and has morphed into a stompy tune for a dance which I've put together for the Blists Hill Morris Gang, based at the Victorian Town at Ironbridge. The tune will be a lot slower for the dance...
Now what I could do with is a 1901 melodeon in perfect condition !

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mJcwqDDQUGg

J
Old Bones Dance Band

Clive Williams

• Administrator
    • Home Page
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2018, 02:12:38 PM »

Thanks all - the next, inevitably festive theme will be along in a minute! As ever, stick any late contribs on the end here.

Cheers,

Clive

Jack Humphreys

• tunesbyjackhumphreys
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2018, 08:25:43 AM »

https://soundcloud.com/laubblaeser/horseley-mazurka-take-2

A wonderful tune written by Jack Humphreys. Thank you for sharing this one, Jack.

I have been playing this song for a long time (basically since he posted it on the forum) but never got around to record it properly. Here it is now.

Sorry to have missed this when it was posted. Thanks Fred for your beautiful gentle interpretation, especially your own special introduction.  You have really captured the feeling that I intended, and then amplified it.  My original has sharp sevenths of the scale, which makes it sound more conventional. Maybe I even prefer your modal flat sevenths. Thank you for giving me the compliment of learning and performing it here.

Fred

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2018, 11:11:54 AM »

https://soundcloud.com/laubblaeser/horseley-mazurka-take-2

A wonderful tune written by Jack Humphreys. Thank you for sharing this one, Jack.

I have been playing this song for a long time (basically since he posted it on the forum) but never got around to record it properly. Here it is now.

Sorry to have missed this when it was posted. Thanks Fred for your beautiful gentle interpretation, especially your own special introduction.  You have really captured the feeling that I intended, and then amplified it.  My original has sharp sevenths of the scale, which makes it sound more conventional. Maybe I even prefer your modal flat sevenths. Thank you for giving me the compliment of learning and performing it here.

I'm very happy that you enjoyed my rendition of your heartwarming tune. The flat sevenths were indeed born out of necessity as I don't have a sharp seventh on the lower end of my box. But the tune definitely asked for being played on the low end so I just had to modify it a little bit. I'm just glad you liked what the tune became.

nigelr

• Respected Sage
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2019, 01:23:03 PM »

Here's a tune that I've been working on for a bit - "Kingston Black" written by DTN and learnt from a recording by Jimbo.  It is used by a number of local border sides in Berks/Hants.  Kingston Black is also a type of cider apple, apparently!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXnOntNuDQw

This is not as varied/complex as the way DTN and Jimbo play it but is a somewhat simplified arrangement for a mere mortal like me (:)
DB Oakwood Super 2 (D/G), Mory (D/G/Acc), Erika (Bb/Eb) and an HA114 in C

Stiamh

• Old grey C#/D pest
    • Packie Manus Byrne
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2019, 05:38:21 PM »

Here's a tune that I've been working on for a bit - "Kingston Black" written by DTN and learnt from a recording by Jimbo.  It is used by a number of local border sides in Berks/Hants.  Kingston Black is also a type of cider apple, apparently!

This is not as varied/complex as the way DTN and Jimbo play it but is a somewhat simplified arrangement for a mere mortal like me (:)

A tune of great cheerfulness - thanks and well played!

Fred

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2019, 06:35:35 PM »

Very enjoyable. Thanks for recording this one.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal