Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yet another reason to take up the melodeon  (Read 1670 times)

Joan Kureczka

• Regular debater
Yet another reason to take up the melodeon
« on: November 09, 2018, 02:50:37 AM »

I've been trying for a while to convince the daughter of a friend, who I already got hooked on Naragonia and Blowzabella, that she really needs to take over my Excelsior Mini, which was my first box. She's been interested, but someone else has now put the capper on that and committed her to idea that once she's settled another small debt, she's taking up the melodeon. Lauren is a top level kayaker and rafting guide, and her kayak coach said to her, that to strengthen their upper body performance, she wished all her students would take up the accordion. The in and out of working the bellows apparently strengthens the fine shoulder muscles that normally don't otherwise get worked very much.  :|||: ;D

So the Mini is going on missionary duty in December and will probably find a new home sometime in the first half of 2019.
MAD: Oakwood Baffetti Super II, Loffet Pro, Oakwood 3-voice, Castagnari Sander, Salterelle Pastourelle II, Smythe "Flea," and a crazy blinged up Pokerwork

Julian S

• D/G Pastourelle 2, Dony, Pokerwork, G/C Pariselle
Re: Yet another reason to take up the melodeon
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 07:39:26 AM »

Great !
 I've often thought that a waterproof melodeon would have a ready market... ;D

J
Old Bones Dance Band

Chris Rayner

• Respected Sage
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 06:51:37 PM »

Great !
 I've often thought that a waterproof melodeon would have a ready market... ;D

J

Oh, let’s not go for half measures, an underwater melodeon’s the thing to go for.  ‘Course, it would need its own little set of SCUBA kit.
Elderly amateur musician hoping to stave off dementia by learning to play the melodeon.  Main instrument a Tommy, also D/G and G/C pokerworks,  a single row 2 stop Hohner, and a new addition to the free reedery, a rather splendid Paolo Soprani four voice 120 bass c-system chromatic button accordion.  Very shiny, very loud, and about the same size and weight as a small car.  Now I’ve traded me Benny with (ahem) a cash adjustment, to a three voice 60 bass Castagnari K3.

Dick Rees

• Neo-Luddite
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 07:20:08 PM »

Expandable flotation device...
"You're making the wrong mistakes."
...Thelonius Monk

"I never made one of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking."
...Albert Einstein

Cogito ergo bibo.
...Bacchus

Joan Kureczka

• Regular debater
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 12:14:19 AM »

She'd definitely go for an water-proof melodeon.
MAD: Oakwood Baffetti Super II, Loffet Pro, Oakwood 3-voice, Castagnari Sander, Salterelle Pastourelle II, Smythe "Flea," and a crazy blinged up Pokerwork

Broadland Boy

• Awful noises from Pokerwork, HA114G, BbEb Liliputs
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 12:23:57 AM »

[/quote]

Oh, let’s not go for half measures, an underwater melodeon’s the thing to go for.  ‘Course, it would need its own little set of SCUBA kit.
[/quote]

Players will then need to know if it is to be tuned wet or dry but will also need to know what percentage Helium it is proposed to use before fettling.

I fear I can hear the sounds of screaming from various compass directions already................
Richard A
Venit ventus contrarius ventus egrediente,
Omnes prope quid ventum est circa

Nick Collis Bird

• Been squeezing melodeons for over 48 years (badly)
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 07:46:53 AM »

“I say narthing”
Has anyone heard of the song. “ Broken Alarm-clock Blues” ? It starts   “I woke up this Afternoon”

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2018, 08:57:11 AM »

Broadland boy, good point.
Expect incredibly slow reed responses though as the air is much denser, so brush up on yer waltzes!
Q
Remembering an incredible 'dry dive' in HMS Cambridge's recompression chamber, and at 40m equivalent pressure, speaking like Donald Duck and pushing the air with my hand.....
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal