Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ricciuti accordions  (Read 1780 times)

pgroff

Ricciuti accordions
« on: December 06, 2018, 04:48:49 PM »

Can anyone tell us more about these? Maybe Stiamh, Komat, mselic?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/E-Riciutti-2-Row-8-Bass-21-Treble-Button-A-D-Black-White-Diatonic-Accordion/323575013781?hash=item4b5692e195

The seller, a music store, lists this as "country of origin unknown."

But I remember hearing about Ricciuti (spelled incorrectly by the current seller) making these "Erica-inspired" models himself (including putting the celluloid on the bodies) in Canada - maybe Montreal?  An old friend visited Ricciuti and saw his manufacturing operation, so I'm pretty sure that info is reliable. But I can't remember for certain where in Canada he was located. This was several decades ago, but I think there should be knowledge about them.

The mention of "leaks" is maybe worrying, and I'm not sure how the construction differences between this box and a Hohner Erica would affect the sound. But overall, this may be a good price for a rare box, especially to a collector or to someone interested in North American accordion history.

PG
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 04:53:58 PM by pgroff »

Stiamh

• Old grey C#/D pest
    • Packie Manus Byrne
Re: Ricciuti accordions
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 06:49:23 PM »

Sorry, Paul, I had not heard of Sgr Ricciuti. I did arrive in Canada several decades ago but had zero interest in accordions at the time! If nobody here has any clue, I will ask Yves Hélie, who might just know, especially if Sgr Ricciuti was in the Montreal area.

pgroff

Re: Ricciuti accordions
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 08:12:42 PM »

Thanks Stiamh!

In the meantime, Google to the rescue:

È morto Enrico Ricciuti - Canada

di Mario Bruneau

Enrico Ricciuti, consigliere dell'ADAM (Association Des Accordéonistes de Montréal) è morto improvvisamente di cancro lo scorso 17 febbraio a Montreal. Enrico crebbe come fisarmonicista a Castelfidardo, in Italia, e ha servito la comunità della fisarmonica del Quebec per oltre 15 anni. Nel suo negozio di Greenfield Park, "L'Atelier de l'accordéon", riparava e rimetteva in uso svariate fisarmoniche. Enrico aveva grande talento nella costruzione delle fisarmoniche, e gli strumenti diatonici che realizzava erano universalmente ritenuti perfetti dal punto di vista meccanico e magnifici da suonare. Questo amico e la gioia che sapeva dare mancheranno moltissimo a tutti noi.

Source:
http://www.accordions.com/index/squ/it_squ_03_03_14.shtml

"Translation" (google again):

Enrico Ricciuti - Canada died

by Mario Bruneau

Enrico Ricciuti, advisor of the ADAM (Association Des Accordéonistes de Montréal) died suddenly of cancer last February 17 [2003?] in Montreal. Enrico grew up as an accordionist in Castelfidardo, Italy, and has served the Quebec accordion community for over 15 years. In his shop in Greenfield Park, "L'Atelier de l'accordéon", he repaired and reused various accordions. Enrico had great talent in the construction of the accordions, and the diatonic instruments he made were universally believed to be perfect from a mechanical and magnificent point of view to play. This friend and the joy he knew how to give will miss very much to all of us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal