Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hohner Pokerwork D/G for sale  (Read 903 times)

tiny

• Respected Sage
  • Pokerwork Tommy Saltarelle Erica
Hohner Pokerwork D/G for sale
« on: December 07, 2018, 10:03:18 AM »

For Sale Hohner Pokerwork D/G. German made.

I have had this box from new for a very long time.

Over the years it has had occasional work done (by people on this forum) and it plays beautifully.

The buttons have had the travel reduced on them, the bellows are new and the fingerboard is a handmade walnut and yew (I think) piece with a groove down the side. The black fingerboard is in the original green case. No straps. 3rd button start with accidentals.

As would be expected there is some wear on the casing but I think this adds to its charm and authenticity. Can email photos if required, can't seem to make them small enough to post here.

£620

Thanks
Lizzy
lizzy in Hoppicking Herefordshire
www.myspace.com/hoppickersfeast

tiny

• Respected Sage
Re: Hohner Pokerwork D/G for sale
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 10:10:52 AM »

Photos I hope!

tiny

• Respected Sage
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 07:48:39 PM »

It looks as though I am not right on price....If anyone can point me in the right direction price wise I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Lizzy

bellowpin

• Good talker
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 08:18:01 PM »

For Sale Hohner Pokerwork D/G. German made.

I have had this box from new for a very long time.

Over the years it has had occasional work done (by people on this forum) and it plays beautifully.

The buttons have had the travel reduced on them, the bellows are new and the fingerboard is a handmade walnut and yew (I think) piece with a groove down the side. The black fingerboard is in the original green case. No straps. 3rd button start with accidentals.

As would be expected there is some wear on the casing but I think this adds to its charm and authenticity. Can email photos if required, can't seem to make them small enough to post here.

£620

Thanks
Lizzy
  just curious about the unusual fingerboard ,did you get it made by a craftsman? someone local?   not seen one like it. sorry not much help with your sale!   maybe pitch it a bit less ,and see what happens, hope it finds a new home.  quality always sells. good luck with it..  brian..
whole life in the shropshire hills. on the slow track and enjoying it.

tiny

• Respected Sage
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 10:14:53 PM »

Brian the fingerboard is handmade by someone on this forum, it is beautiful. I do have the black fingerboard that can be refitted if required.

Steve_freereeder

• Grumpy old git (sometimes)
  • Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 01:07:18 AM »

It looks as though I am not right on price....If anyone can point me in the right direction price wise I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Lizzy

I don't think you are too far out. A friend has just sold a modern Chinese-made Hohner Erica for £550. A German-made Pokerwork in good condition (as yours appears to be) and which has been nicely customised could justifiably attract a price of £550 - £600 and possibly a bit more. But ultimately of course, the value of an instrument is what someone is prepared to pay for it.
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 11:05:03 AM »

Brian the fingerboard is handmade by someone on this forum, it is beautiful. I do have the black fingerboard that can be refitted if required.

I'd probably re-fit the original for selling it so that it looks like the standard Pokerwork. 

I think the price is a little high - I'd be expecting in the region of £500 - £550 if it had just come from a fettler freshly serviced so perhaps a little below that as it is not recently overhauled. 
Sideways typing on the wooden handbag (now with added electric typewriter).

The Ewell SessionsGreen Man Sword | Taylor's Morris | Nellodeon on Soundcloud| Melodeon Playgroup |

tiny

• Respected Sage
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2018, 12:19:48 PM »

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, much appreciated. I'll mull it over.

I'm raising funds for my Australian adventure so no rush.

I do rather like seeing it on my shelf and feel attached to but it is a shame its not being played.

Lizzy

tiny

• Respected Sage
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2018, 12:21:44 PM »

"I'd probably re-fit the original for selling it so that it looks like the standard Pokerwork."

Yes it might be worth that but for me that is part of its charm and makes it unique. 

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Never too old to learn
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2018, 12:47:19 PM »

I would certainly leave it on, it looks lovely, and also it has the thumb groove that the original lacked. Up to you, but I would also leave the price as it is, if someone really wants it, they will make you an offer. Bad time of year to be selling things IMHO. I will admit to being the proud owner of at least 3 melodeons that I have tried to sell, and failed, but they still give me joy, so c'est la vie,

Sir John
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : Hohner Club II (De-clubbed) D/G : Hagstrom G/C: Hohner Corona IIIR G/C/F :Preciosa Bb/Eb. Hohner 384 1930's Varnished wood G/C: Hohner B/E: Hohner Erika C/F: Hohner Pre Corso C/F : Bb/Eb Liliput, in restoration.

tiny

• Respected Sage
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2018, 02:01:42 PM »

Thanks Sir John. I think it adds character to the box. Thank you for your other thoughts much appreciated.
Lizzy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.