Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: MAD- Smaller lighter and preferably inexpensive  (Read 11686 times)

xgx

• Bagpipes & Musette Boxes... and Banjos, luv 'em!
Re: MAD- Smaller lighter and preferably inexpensive
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2009, 11:28:47 AM »

Graham

N Cambs/S Lincs - UK   :|glug + :|glug:|||: = :|bl

Martin J

• Poole, Dorset
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2009, 10:51:13 PM »

I have a Udo Schneeburg in A/D/G which I've spoken of in other threads.  Rees converted it from sterishe to UK standard but it is still too small for me.  You can see them on his web site or have a go on mine if we are ever at the same gathering.  It has a sweet tone, buttons that don't disappear into the keyboard plus three rows, all in less space than a Polkawork. Oh, and no clacking.

The straps are well padded and the box is comfortable.  Left hand strap is a clever velcro arrangement making it infinitely adjustable.  Great box and inexpensive.
Castagnari, Weltmeister, Giustozzi, Streb, too many Hohners.  No Strings Attached ceilidh band

xgx

• Bagpipes & Musette Boxes... and Banjos, luv 'em!
Graham

N Cambs/S Lincs - UK   :|glug + :|glug:|||: = :|bl

tiny

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2009, 12:47:46 PM »

I have a Udo Schneeburg in A/D/G which I've spoken of in other threads.  Rees converted it from sterishe to UK standard but it is still too small for me.  You can see them on his web site or have a go on mine if we are ever at the same gathering.  It has a sweet tone, buttons that don't disappear into the keyboard plus three rows, all in less space than a Polkawork. Oh, and no clacking.

Sounds very nice. Are you going to Bromyard FF this weekend? I have seen these boxes on the website but would love to see and hear one being played. I have considered purchasing one but feel reluctant without hearing first.
lizzy in Hoppicking Herefordshire

Castagnari Tommy, Hohner one row,Dino Baffetti Binci, Giordy.

Andrew

• New Starter
    • clockmakersandrepairs
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2009, 07:34:58 PM »

Hi all,

Thats the one John, Martyn Banks at Oakwood for the Binci re-work - - - - -

Great sound from a VERY small box, trouble is my lady says it hurts her ears when I play it, so I try to play quietly. This is o.k for the first couple of minutes, then the sound starts to get louder and - - - -

I can't play a march such as The Hills of Alva quietly, it was not meant to be played like that - - - -

Then I got sent by the current Mrs Andrew to the Audiology Clinic, on the grounds that if it was not hurting my ears there was summat wrong - - - - -

Sure enough it turns out I have " age related high frequency hearing loss " - - -BUMMER !

Of course we all know better, thirty years playing in a band sat next to the drummer has done for me,
It's nowt to do with my age - - - - -   is it ?

And you are right John, a visit to the music room is a damm good afternoon out, lots of boxes, good coffee and nice people to deal with.

Elaine said she was going to leave our cheqbook there, as they have most of the cheques out of it already !! - - - -

Andrew.

Mike Gott

• Respected Sage
  • Melodeon and hairy arm
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2009, 07:48:38 PM »

How about going vintage with a Hohner Preciosa or Liliput? Certainly little and light - but very playable. Theo may be able to help there.

Mike
"Traditional music was for entertainment, it wasn't for a further education class" (Bob Davenport)

Rivington Morris, Bolton, Lancashire.

Martin J

• Poole, Dorset
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2009, 10:15:49 AM »

Is it one of these Martin?
http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.schneeberg-harmonika.de/&ei=Zy-kSp3BIMPOjAe-qcHGDg&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3DUdo%2BSchneeburg%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1B3GGGL_enGB249GB250

are you n the UK?
Yes, its the "Backpack Styrian 24/12/II" in the Sterische section.  I tried putting page ref in but it throws up the same home page as above.
I'm in Poole, Dorset.
I'm away on hols until 23 Sept now but am happy to show the box when I get back.  It is too small for me so I would be willing to sell.  It's as new.

Sounds very nice. Are you going to Bromyard FF this weekend? I have seen these boxes on the website but would love to see and hear one being played. I have considered purchasing one but feel reluctant without hearing first.
. As above, you are very welcome to hear and try when I get back.

Martin
Castagnari, Weltmeister, Giustozzi, Streb, too many Hohners.  No Strings Attached ceilidh band
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal