Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Whitby Folk Week 17th -23rd August 2019 UK  (Read 22317 times)

AnnC

• Succumbing to MAD 😊
  • Respected Sage
  • Forget the tea, just pass me a large Gin 🍸
Re: Whitby Folk Week 17th -23rd August 2019 UK
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2019, 06:06:42 AM »

Just dont park in Whitby overnight,you will get a fine.

If you want to wild camp there are 2 car parks on top of Blue Bank on road between Pickering and Whitby.

.... however they are not official campsites and please do not empty the Elsan etc. into the heather, walkers including children have made extremely unpleasant discoveries  :-\
On the bracing North Yorkshire Coast :D

You hum it pet.......I'll play it......but not necessarily in the same key 🎶😊
 3 lovely Liliputs, a Preciosa, a Pokerwork & a C/G Anglo concertina :D

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2019, 07:23:39 AM »

Helena, I have stayed at the Festival site a couple of times when I bought a season ticket enjoyed staying there.  I think the facilities are fine, it's quiet at night and they keep it secure.  I prefer to pay as I go these days and the festival site is for season tickets holders only. :-[   The site is in the grounds of a primary school so understandably they don't accept dogs.

Thanks Choonz. My partner is with a booked team so no problem with us getting on the official campsite... and as we don't have a dog it's no issue for us if the campsite doesn't accept them.

The only wild camping we're planning on doing is on the overnight run from his final ceilidh spot to my 10:30am workshop in Towersey the following day, and like all good folkies we will leave no trace.
Sideways typing on the wooden handbag (now with added electric typewriter).

Green Man Sword | Helena Handcart on Soundcloud| Squeezebox from Scratch |

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2019, 09:46:52 AM »

Helena,
Since your partner is with a booked side, you should be eligible for free parking at the artists' campsite, which is at the Rugby Club. It is near the edge of town, so a bit of a hike to get to most of the venues and has no electric hook-ups, but it is well-run, quiet and has toilets and showers. I have stayed there for several years and have never had a problem with it. However, you need to book in advance. Contact Barry Evans: barry@whitbyfolk.co.uk

Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

baz parkes

• All Blacked Up
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2019, 10:22:04 AM »

The only wild camping we're planning on doing is on the overnight run from his final ceilidh spot to my 10:30am workshop in Towersey the following day, and like all good folkies we will leave no trace.

I may follow you out...I'm calling the last ceilidh...and the band is doing the Saturday at Shrewsbury...fortunately the soundcheck isn't until 4 00pm....probably none of this then... :|glug
On the edge of Cheshire's Golden Triangle, apparently...

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2019, 11:27:44 AM »

Helena,
Since your partner is with a booked side, you should be eligible for free parking at the artists' campsite, which is at the Rugby Club. It is near the edge of town, so a bit of a hike to get to most of the venues and has no electric hook-ups, but it is well-run, quiet and has toilets and showers. I have stayed there for several years and have never had a problem with it. However, you need to book in advance. Contact Barry Evans: barry@whitbyfolk.co.uk
My guess is that Helena is talking about the artiste's site at the Rugby Club. As she says it's her first visit so may be unaware that there are actually 3 camp sites we tend to use. The Festival Campsite at Airey Hill School for punters with tickets, the Artistes camp site at the Rugby Club for people booked to play/sing/dance/steward etc., and the Moor & coast camp site at the Community College, which is an occasional camp site run commercially, which doesn't have serviced pitches, but has showers, and toilets. 
Sir John
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2019, 11:44:50 AM »

I may follow you out...I'm calling the last ceilidh...and the band is doing the Saturday at Shrewsbury...fortunately the soundcheck isn't until 4 00pm....probably none of this then... :|glug

Tee hee... Baz Parkes, Blackbead's Tea Party and North British. That'll be a bit of a night then.

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2019, 11:47:09 AM »

Helena,
My guess is that Helena is talking about the artiste's site at the Rugby Club. As she says it's her first visit so may be unaware that there are actually 3 camp sites we tend to use. The Festival Campsite at Airey Hill School for punters with tickets, the Artistes camp site at the Rugby Club for people booked to play/sing/dance/steward etc., and the Moor & coast camp site at the Community College, which is an occasional camp site run commercially, which doesn't have serviced pitches, but has showers, and toilets. 
Sir John

Thanks guys, yes our camping is at the Rugby Club and is all organised - I was just wondering what the attractions of the unofficial campsites might be.

baz parkes

• All Blacked Up
« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2019, 12:37:50 PM »

Tee hee... Baz Parkes, Blackbead's Tea Party and North British. That'll be a bit of a night then.

Very alliterative, if nothing else... :|glug
On the edge of Cheshire's Golden Triangle, apparently...

Ken Watson

• Good talker
« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2019, 11:55:06 PM »

The English Music Sessions I will be hosting at Whitby Folk Week 2019 are...

28     Sat 17th Aug     5.00 - 7.00pm  First In Last Out
329   Tues 20th Aug   5.00 - 7.00pm  First In Last Out
607   Fri 23rd Aug      5.00 - 7.00pm  First In Last Out

See you there?  :||:

syale

• The Terrier
  • When will this MADness stop?
« Reply #129 on: August 01, 2019, 05:33:51 AM »

The English Music Sessions I will be hosting at Whitby Folk Week 2019 are...

28     Sat 17th Aug     5.00 - 7.00pm  First In Last Out
329   Tues 20th Aug   5.00 - 7.00pm  First In Last Out
607   Fri 23rd Aug      5.00 - 7.00pm  First In Last Out

See you there?  :||:

Ken, do you have a tune list for the sessions?

Stephen
HA114 C/G/A/D, 2915 G/C. Liliput, Club IIB C/F Dino Baffetti Modell 22 B Twitter: @syale

Ken Watson

• Good talker
« Reply #130 on: August 01, 2019, 05:30:02 PM »

Ken, do you have a tune list for the sessions?
Stephen

No, I don’t have a tune list. It’s an informal session not a workshop.  (:)

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2019, 06:26:02 PM »

BYOT

SJ

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

xgx

• Bagpipes & Musette Boxes... and Banjos, luv 'em!
« Reply #132 on: August 02, 2019, 09:50:25 PM »

I've had a look through the postings but didn't see a melnet meet ...is there one this year, if so, where and which day plz?

Bob ...are all your sessions 13:00 - 15:00 (in/out pub) steady?
Graham

N Cambs/S Lincs - UK   :|glug + :|glug:|||: = :|bl

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

« Reply #133 on: August 02, 2019, 10:14:37 PM »

The response last year was underwhelming. I don't know whether it was the move from the Elsinore that did it, but definitely a non event.  Does anyone have any ideas about having another meet this year, and where?

Sir John

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
    • "Our Luxor B&B" Luxor life, slice by slice.
« Reply #134 on: August 02, 2019, 11:04:15 PM »

I'm there all week this time, so I'd chance it.
At last, broken and resigned to accept conformity.
Oh, how I LOVE Big Brother!

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

« Reply #135 on: August 03, 2019, 09:41:00 AM »

Well I would prefer it to be somewhere with less time constraint, as it needs to be flexible. Folks are often at workshops/concerts/lunch etc, so a 1pm till 2pm, or a 2pm till 3 pm, doesn't work. People tended to drift in and out when it was at the Elsinore, and it happened of a long period.
Just my thoughts.

Sir John

Daz Barry

« Reply #136 on: August 06, 2019, 06:35:23 PM »

Eyup Annc.can you send me a list of the melodeon workshops too please.I will buy a programme when I get to Whitby but would like to plan.hope this is ok.😎

AnnC

• Succumbing to MAD 😊
  • Respected Sage
  • Forget the tea, just pass me a large Gin 🍸
« Reply #137 on: August 06, 2019, 08:33:00 PM »

:D  hello Daz, pm sent  ;D
On the bracing North Yorkshire Coast :D

You hum it pet.......I'll play it......but not necessarily in the same key 🎶😊
 3 lovely Liliputs, a Preciosa, a Pokerwork & a C/G Anglo concertina :D

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

« Reply #138 on: August 06, 2019, 08:49:15 PM »

The Apple version of the app is now available. https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/whitby-fw-2019/id1475404291

SJ

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2019, 10:12:30 PM »

Bob ...are all your sessions 13:00 - 15:00 (in/out pub) steady?

I can't answer that at the moment. The information the festival organisers have sent me is less than clear about this. I will contact them over the weekend to ask for clarification.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal