Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mud in your eye  (Read 914 times)

Pat McInnis

• Respected Sage
Mud in your eye
« on: January 06, 2019, 05:21:37 PM »

I've been spending a lot of time working on my two old Hohners lately and have been warned to wear a dust mask when stripping off old wax. (which I sometimes remember to do) Friday night I was stripping some old plates and got a small piece of shrapnel in my tear duct. By the next morning my eyelid was very swollen and sore. Today I still look like a gargoyle but ice seems to help a bit. Be careful people.

On a lighter note, please tell me that I'm not the first one to do this. Haha. I've had this box apart so many times trying to figure out why my F# sounds like a distant train horn. Frustrating. On this occasion when I mechanically put it all back together I was a little shocked at my result. I wasn't even drunk.

IMG_8647 by Pat McInnis, on Flickr

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
Re: Mud in your eye
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 05:41:31 PM »

please tell me that I'm not the first one to do this.

Far from it, next trick is to put the reed blocks in the opposite positions, sounds awful (:)

Pat McInnis

• Respected Sage
Re: Mud in your eye
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 06:07:40 PM »

Far from it, next trick is to put the reed blocks in the opposite positions, sounds awful (:)
[/quote]

Haha, thanks Lester, I feel better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal