Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help!!!!!!!!!  (Read 4280 times)

Keithypete.

Help!!!!!!!!!
« on: September 04, 2009, 01:47:05 AM »

I cannot log in from my own computer. Whenever I try I am told to check my cookie settings. I am totally neanderthal when it comes to computers; I didn't know I had any cookies let alone any cookie settings. Does this mean my computer has been corrupted in some way. What do I need to do - IN VERY SIMPLE TERMS PLEASE? Short of setting up a new account I'm about stumped. Thanks in advance everyone. ??? ??? >:( :'( :-[
Beltuna Sara II - B/C flavour.
Borsini - G,D,A.
Pokerwork B/C.
PRIMATONA IV, B/C.

ladydetemps

• Emote Wizard
  • Forum Librarian
  • Castagnari Tommy D/G, Hohner 1 row 4 stop in C
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 08:58:37 AM »

I will try to help.
What internet browser are you using?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 03:05:48 PM by ladydetemps »

Keithypete.

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 01:00:01 AM »

Thanks for the offer of help. Its about 01.00 a.m., just got in from work and am using the wife's work lap top. Apparently the web thingy is 'Internet explorer'. Obviously no-one else is experiencing problems but I haven't done anything to my computer. Strange.
Borsini - G,D,A.
Pokerwork B/C.
PRIMATONA IV, B/C.

Keithypete.

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 01:38:39 AM »

To whom it may concern. Is it possible to delete my account and then re-register as I still cannot log in from my own computer? Irealise this is MY problem, not this site's, but as no-one has any suggestions I am a bit stumped, and I would really like to continue with the goings on here. Cheers.
Borsini - G,D,A.
Pokerwork B/C.
PRIMATONA IV, B/C.

Alison Scott

• Mods and volunteers
  • Respected Sage
  • Oakwood, Dino Baffetti, Roma, Liliput, Streb etc.
    • Macadamia
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 07:44:21 AM »

I suggest you download Firefox from www.firefox.com and use that instead of Internet Explorer. In the short term it will let you log on here. In the long term it is a much more secure and more flexible browser.

If you go to www.firefox.com you will see a big friendly button saying 'download Firefox here'. Once you've got it and installed it (just follow the directions) you will probably want to choose to have the firefox icon on your desktop so you can find it again.

Good luck

juker

• Hohner 2 row G/C and C/F,
    • Julie's Art'nAll
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 08:10:25 AM »

Do you need to 'enable cookies' in order to use this forum? Could that be the problem?
I don't get 'jigs'

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 08:14:50 AM »

To whom it may concern. Is it possible to delete my account and then re-register as I still cannot log in from my own computer? Irealise this is MY problem, not this site's, but as no-one has any suggestions I am a bit stumped, and I would really like to continue with the goings on here. Cheers.

Yes its possible to delete your account and start a new one.

I have checked your membership details and all looks normal, there are no error messages associated with recent attempts to log in.

Since the problem seems to be related to one computer, but you can log in from another it seems that the problem is related to the use of a particular computer and not to your forum membership.  In that case creating a new membership may not fix things for you.

I endorse Alison's suggestion of installing firefox as a browser.  If you feel you don't have the technical skills to do that it might be worth finding a local IT tech support person to check over your PC and ensure that your computer is safe from viruses and other malicious software.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

ladydetemps

• Emote Wizard
  • Forum Librarian
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 09:12:21 AM »

oops! Sorry....been trying to pursuade my pc laptop to work so I can do you a nice step by step guide - its the only computer I have IE on. (I haven't used internet explorer *spit* in ages, pile of junk)....Its not going to work anytime soon.  ::) (working vaguely from memory you can delete cookies by finding them on your c drive in windows file and deleting contend of 'cookies' file...but that would probably mean nothing to you.)

but I would second downloading firefox....much nicer to use once you get used to it.

Keithypete.

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 09:48:49 AM »

Thanks everyone, for all the advice. When my long-suffering wife, who's good points are as many as the sands of the oceans, comes home from a hard day at work, I will prevail upon her to attend to this matter. Thanks again. I shall let you know the outcome.
Borsini - G,D,A.
Pokerwork B/C.
PRIMATONA IV, B/C.

Keithypete.

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 12:28:07 PM »

Thanks for the fire fox tip. I can now log in OK. My teenage son doesn't think it is such a good idea though. What does he know? EVERYTHING apparently!
Borsini - G,D,A.
Pokerwork B/C.
PRIMATONA IV, B/C.

ladydetemps

• Emote Wizard
  • Forum Librarian
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 12:32:11 PM »

Thanks for the fire fox tip. I can now log in OK. My teenage son doesn't think it is such a good idea though. What does he know? EVERYTHING apparently!
Well here's something to use in defence...I did a BTEC in Computer Studies and all most of my teachers/wizkids in the class recommended firefox.

TonyRussellDavis

• Tony Russell Davis (Black Sheep Tone/BLT)
  • Regular debater
  • Mandos'n'guitars'n'boxes'n'pipes'n'stuff.
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 02:59:59 PM »

While absolutely endorsing Firefox I found it useful to keep IE on there, my bank won't talk to Firefox. So make sure you don't need IE before uninstalling. T.
Call if you're ever in North Yorkshire.

Bill Young

• Paolo Soprani BCC#
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 05:00:19 PM »

Avoid log-in problems - don't log out! There doesn't seem to be any point in doing so - this isn't a bank account/on-line shop site. Just bookmark the forum (I've got "Show unread posts since last visit" as mine), one click and you're in - no faffing about (and none when you leave the site either).

I don't have a problem with IE8 - seems to work fine. I've never used Firefox, but I can't imagine what it would give me that IE8 doesn't.

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2009, 06:13:19 PM »

Concur re firefox - superb product! I'm using MSIE here in Helsinki and it's vile. The 'reply' input textbox gets confused as it fills up, and after about 10 lines scrolls back to the start line after every character - so you can't see what you are typing.

As for permanent signins . I do this at home. Would it hurt to have a second permanent/bookmanrked sign in at work? Not that I'd ever waste NHS time in such trivia, you understand. This is entirely hypothetical.  >:E
  _       _    _      _ 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal