Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fulmine  (Read 2906 times)

Stiamh

• Old grey C#/D pest
    • Packie Manus Byrne
Fulmine
« on: January 10, 2008, 03:19:05 PM »

Anybody here play it (apart from Andy Cutting, that is!) ?  Anybody attempted to transcribe it? Anybody care to share their transcription?

Always found Andy C's playing of this tune on "Vanilla" rather tasty and seriously impressive, but listening to it again yesterday (for the first time since becoming an aspiring squeezer, I think) I was more impressed than ever and particularly intrigued with the basses.

Can that be done using a standard D/G bass setup? Nothing unisonorous in there, by any chance? No double-tracking, Andy?  (ducks)

As an aside, I assumed it was a Cutting composition but a net search soon revealed that it is by Riccardo Tesi. I found an interview with him somewhere in which he says that it was hearing Andy C's playing of the tune on Vanilla (a "somewhat simplified" version!) that convinced him that the tune worked, and was pleasant  :o

Simon W

• Regular debater
Re: Fulmine
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 05:44:24 PM »

Steve

It's n Riccardo Tesi's new solo album. He also played it in the concert when he was a tutor at Witney a couple of years ago. I was lucky enough to see Andy play it for him when they were on stage together at Bath Festival. Obviously Andy plays it on a 2.5 row 12 bass box. The track listing on the CD tells you what Riccardo plays it on but I'll have to look it out. He named it after his Fiat 500 - I think its supposed to be an aural representation of the noises it made! I've never tried to play it as I suspect I couldn't do it justice.

Simon

Clive Williams

• Administrator
    • Home Page
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 11:06:53 PM »

Obviously Andy plays it on a 2.5 row 12 bass box.

Andy's keyboard layout is one of the many layouts in the website area of the site - there's nothing particularly clever or unusual about his bass setup, which just makes his playing, and his total mastery of the bass end in particular, all the more impressive.

Cheers,

Clive

Andy Cutting

• Good talker
    • Andy Cutting
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 09:51:00 PM »

Hello, Fulmine is totally possible on a standard two row with eight basses. Sorry steve but no double tracking. Thank you all for your kind words
Andy
Play the same but better.

Matthew B

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 03:28:28 AM »

Hello, Fulmine is totally possible on a standard two row with eight basses. Sorry steve but no double tracking. Thank you all for your kind words
Andy

Damn!
Charter Member Presumpscot and Fore River Accordion Club
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal