Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tracking down a previous thread  (Read 1285 times)

Nick Ray

• Good talker
Tracking down a previous thread
« on: January 17, 2019, 11:42:54 PM »

Whilst searching some old threads recently I came across one from a member looking to try out different 2.5 row 3 voice boxes for a potential upgrade. Another member responded saying he owned a number of said boxes and suggested he would be happy to be visited for the original poster to try out. (Still with me here?  :-\).
I also am looking to try similar boxes but unfortunately have lost track of the thread. I am hoping to track that member down to see if he would make the same offer to me! The thread was 3 or 4 years old (?) and the offer came from someone who lives in South Wales as I recall.
So is he still on melnet or could the original post person remember?
Hopefully it might ring some bells with someone....hope so.
Nick

Guy

• Not quite enough melodeons....
    • Cats Claw
Re: Tracking down a previous thread
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 12:20:38 AM »

I think it might have been me....though I only now have one 2.5 row D/G 3-voice box. That’s due to go up for sale soon, so you (or anyone else!) are more than welcome to come to South Wales and try it out...

Cheers,
Guy
Guy, in South Wales

Cats Claw, http://www.cats-claw.co.uk

Nick Ray

• Good talker
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 09:11:56 PM »

Thanks Guy. But what happened to all those other boxes? I think you had about four?
And which is it you'll be selling soon??
Cheers
Nick

Guy

• Not quite enough melodeons....
    • Cats Claw
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 10:36:04 PM »

Thanks Guy. But what happened to all those other boxes? I think you had about four?
And which is it you'll be selling soon??
Cheers
Nick

Hi Nick,
I had a Castagnari Mory which I sold, and two 2-voice 2.5 rows, a Saltarelle which I also sold, and a Bernard Loffet "Graet y Breizh" which I'm keeping. The one I'm selling is a Loffet "Pro 2.6" 3-voice. I bought this as I intended to replace the 2-row and 2.5 row Loffets that I currently play with this one.

It's a lovely box, and really nice to play (as are all of Bernard's boxes that I've tried), but I've just not got on with it as well as I'd hoped. I don't quite know why, but the feel is just not right. I've spent quite a bit of time with it, but it just hasn't worked out for me. So, although it's effectively a new instrument and barely played in, I'm afraid it'll have to go...and, of course, at a second-hand instrument price.

Cheers,
Guy
Guy, in South Wales

Cats Claw, http://www.cats-claw.co.uk

Nick Ray

• Good talker
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 07:46:55 PM »

Thanks Guy.
I await the sale with interest  (:).
Nick
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal