Forum and website admin > Support

Emojies have shrunk!

(1/2) > >>

Thrupenny Bit:
Hi,
As I've now got a newer  Android phone with a larger screen I sometimes answer threads using it. Generally just a quick reply.
I realise if I go above the reply box to use the emojies they come out on the preview/posted thread much smaller like this :-[

I have noticed smaller ones in other threads so it appears to be happening with other people.
Let's face it, it's no real problem, just.....odd and noticable with more people using phones.
Just an observation...
Cheers
Q  ;)

Thrupenny Bit:
Ah now.... hang on a minute.
Viewing this email ( and others I've written on phone ) now on my pc and realise the emojies are full sized!
Obviously an artefact of viewing the web on a phone.
How peculiar.
Problem sorted!
cheers
Q

Anahata:
The emojis are images, and there's all sorts of variables that affect the scaling and relative sizes of images and text.

Getting web pages to adapt properly to both PC screens and phones is a black art, and the normal melnet pages are not designed to work well on small screens. (instead there is a WAP option which is plain text, with no images at all, and works nicely on tiny screens)

Winston Smith:
"Emojies have shrunk!"

Good!

Broadland Boy:
If the temperature drops by a few more degrees you may hear the thump thump thump of them hitting the floor...................

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version