Discussions > Instrument Makes and Models

Liliput numbering and relevance to production date?

(1/15) > >>

Winston Smith:
My latest acquisition has the number 134905 stamped into the casework. My other Liliput is numbered 739773 so quite a bit later, one would imagine!
Has anyone paid Hohner the 40 quid (or whatever) to date their Liliput and would be willing to pass on any info which may be of help in roughly dating mine?

tirpous:
My (admittedly vague) recollection from the list of Hohner models floating online is that Liliput were made for a fairly short period, something like 1935-1942.  I keep forgetting where that list is, but probably someone can confirm.

Corinto:
Liliput 1935-40

Winston Smith:
'35 till '40, accordion to the list I have copied. If they knocked out 750,000 (at least!) in 5 years, that's a canny few Liliputs in a day. (411?) Especially as they were busy preparing for and prosecuting a war during the same period.
Maths isn't my strongest subject, but if these figures are correct, my "Number 134905", would have been produced during the 328th day of production, if that production number was constant throughout the 5 year period.
But I'd still love to have some comparison from someone who actually knows when their Liliput was produced, thank you.

tjsmithdog5:

--- Quote from: Winston Smith on January 29, 2019, 03:21:26 PM ---Has anyone paid Hohner the 40 quid (or whatever) to date their Liliput and would be willing to pass on any info which may be of help in roughly dating mine?

--- End quote ---

I have no information about the Liliput, but my son did give me a Hohner "Delivery Certificate" for my recently acquired Rowbotham-fettled Preciosa as a very thoughtful Christmas gift. The document (suitable for framing) is quite detailed, telling the reader that Preciosa #130280, a model .91 in C/F, white perloid,  was shipped to Rich. Koch (company) in Trossingen on August 26, 1935. It is signed by iA Ralf Tritschler, Handzuginstrumentenmacher.  It looks ever so official.

[Date corrected]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version