Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reposting old recordings for Tune/Theme of the Month  (Read 1730 times)

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Never too old to learn
Re: Reposting old recordings for Tune/Theme of the Month
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2019, 12:42:36 PM »

When the tune of the month suggestions are posted by Clive, along with links to You Tube, it is very rare that I know more than one of the tunes suggested. I might add that due to this ToTM, I have learned at least 3 new tunes.
If only I could remember what they were ;)

SJ
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : Hagstrom G/C: Hohner 3515 C/F: 1930's Varnished wood G/C: Hohner 2915 B/E: Hohner Erika C/F: Hohner Pre Corso C/F : G/C Liliput: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood:

Mcgrooger

• Northern Roots
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2019, 01:36:50 PM »

Fred's original posting was I imagine prompted more by ThOTM than TOTM. As always with Fred it was respectful and thought provoking and didn't read at all to me like - 'don't post old stuff'.

Like most people who've responded, I'm quite happy for melnetters to post a link to any recording they've done in the past but I do quite like to know before clicking the link that this is what's being done and that it's not 'of the month' so to speak. Also, there are sometimes links to other people's playing. An example might be, say, a link to a video of Andy Cutting playing a slow tune. I think this sort of thing was done in this month's TOTM. When this is done though I like to know it's not the poster's own playing that's being linked to and a bit of a reason why they're putting the link up before I click on it. I've been confused by at least 2 of this month's postings on ThOTM as to who the player is and why it's not them posting the link.

I won't fall off my chair if someone finds an example of me breaking my own guidelines btw! :-[

Further thumbs up to Fred for posting this as a separate topic rather than bunging up this month's ThOTM.  (:)

Anahata

• This mind intentionally left blank
  • Oakwood D/G, C/F Club, 1-rows in C,D,G
    • Treewind Music
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2019, 01:16:51 PM »

Looking at this from a slightly different angle; Most of us Johnny-Come-Latelies don't have a decent "back catalogue" from which to post!

None of us did when we started. So you know what you have to do  ;)

there are sometimes links to other people's playing.
When this is done though I like to know it's not the poster's own playing that's being linked to and a bit of a reason why they're putting the link up
Yes, I agree there. A recent example had me confused for a while and the ambiguity struck me as a bit disrespectful to the real poster of the video.
I'm a melodeon player. What's your excuse?
Music recording and web hosting: www.treewind.co.uk
Mary Humphreys and Anahata: www.maryanahata.co.uk
Ceilidh bands: www.fourhandband.co.uk www.barleycoteband.co.uk
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.