Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slow and Steady music session near Bristol. Play group spin off!  (Read 806 times)

doctordoom

• Good talker
Slow and Steady music session near Bristol. Play group spin off!
« on: February 10, 2019, 01:30:50 PM »

Thanks to all at Play group,  as discussed with folk from Bristol/North Somerset here is a spin off , a Slow and Steady music session for relative beginners to be held at Pill Memorial club,  Heywood road,  Pill  , Bristol  BS 20 0DH on the 3rd Tuesday of the month starting on 19th February  from 8 to 10 PM. All instruments welcome but especially DG melodeon s!  Ample free parking  and on the X4 bus route Bristol to Portishead.
I have booked 3 sessions to test the water ,  initially this will be free on the condition that musicians support the bar, don't drink and drive,  soft drinks are a available.
The format will be as per a Lester or Bob Elliis steady session, the first 3 tunes to be ; Speed the plough,  Princess Royal,  and Oyster Girl,  my choice!  Then its up to you.    :||:   :|||:
Do PM me if you are interested if you want my personal contact details,  hope to see you there, cheers John du Heaume.
Beginner, (absolute deleted after 2 years!)

doctordoom

• Good talker
Re: Slow and Steady music session near Bristol. Play group spin off!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 04:54:08 PM »

Thanks to all who supported our "Slow and Steady well known tunes" on February 19th at Pill Memorial club,  BS20 ODH , the room is booked again for March 19th at 8 PM. Suggested tune to start is "Kelso accordion and fiddle club " dots and sound file can be found at  www.fiddlelessons.co.uk   also I might suggest "Tip top polka" which we are learning,  sorry Chris you gave me your contact details at Jill's lesson at Falfield but you can guess?  I've lost them!  :-\
Look forward to seeing you all again,  cheers doctordoom.
Beginner, (absolute deleted after 2 years!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal