Discussions > Instrument Design, Construction and Repair

Hohner Morino VM back panel support wood fix

(1/1)

Mark Luckasavage:
I had a Hohner Morino VM shipped from Germany to the USA and there is a piece of inside wood that is not secure. They shipped it with supports on the bass reeds that I needed to take out before playing so I had to remove the bass-panel. Once i took off the panel and removed the supports I can't re-screw the panel because the right piece of wood that should be attached to the body is loose and won't support the screws. Seems I can use some sort of glue to attach the wood to the body. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Kimric Smythe:
Looks like it popped off from rough handeling during shipping. can you get it to snugly fit back to where it went? If so you should be able to glue it back in place.  The type of glue will depend on what you are comfortable doing.

Steve_freereeder:
PVA glue should be OK here, with suitable clamping while the glue sets.

If you can't clamp easily, then a gernerous application of cyano-acrylate glue should work. Hold the piece of wood in place with your fingers for a minute or so while the glue sets. But you need to be sure of the positioning first, as there is very little time for any adjustment.

Whichever method you use, try to remove as much old glue as possible first of all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version