Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beginner Interested in Organetto and Italian Music!  (Read 1762 times)

Richard J Delong

• Good talker
Beginner Interested in Organetto and Italian Music!
« on: March 01, 2019, 03:00:30 AM »

Hello!

I've recently discovered Italian and Sardinian organetto (and diatonic accordion) music and I literally can't stop listening to it!!  I love to sing, and I also play the jaw harp and whistle (with appearances of each in many of the Sardinian ensembles I've seen), but it's the box playing that I'm so grateful to have discovered!  I just seems to hit me right in the chest!

Is anyone here currently playing these styles of organetto or diatonic accordion or interested in the music?  I would love to hear about your experiences and if you can recommend any books, websites, or tutorials to become more exposed to the music and melodies (preferably in English or with the potential to translate).  I did find this site - https://www.organetto.info - which looks very promising - have any of you explored these lessons? 

Lastly, does anyone have a recommendation of where to look for Italian-style organettos online (preferably used) or know of Italian manufacturers to explore that may be somewhat affordable (as there seem to be many more makers in Italy beyond Dino Baffetti and a few others that are somewhat more 'common' here in the US).

Well, I hope others here are as enthralled with Italian/Sardinian music as I am and I very much look forward to hearing from you! 

Rich

Helen OConnell

Re: Beginner Interested in Organetto and Italian Music!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 07:12:23 AM »

Hi Richard,
Are you still looking for an Organetto? I have one for sale at the moment and have posted it on this site with a few photos if you want to have a look.
Many thanks,
Helen.

Richard J Delong

• Good talker
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 07:35:34 AM »

Hello Helen,

Thank you for responding to my request and for thinking of me - I've been doing my best to learn about what it might be like to be a beginner on an organetto (here, far off the coast of the US, with little musical background, and not speaking Italian), and I recently came to the conclusion that I might be better-off learning on a more 'common' two-row box with a larger selection of books and videos and a wider range of learning resources...

I do have to admit that I absolutely love the organetto sound and the Italian music that I've heard (and looked closely at your beautiful instrument!), but I think it might be wise for me to get a better foundation first and just keep listening to those brilliant Italian musicians...

Thank you again for reaching out to me though!

rebus

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 01:29:27 PM »

Hi Richard, some months have passed and I hope you've found the informations you were looking for.

The most reputed organetto maker here in Italy is without doubt Castagnari. I think they also sell abroad. Besides Baffetti, also Soprani organettos are not bad.

I suggest you a book by two of the best organetto players in Italy, Roberto Tombesi and Riccardo Tesi: "L'organetto diatonico" (Berben) which includes several Italian tunes with sheet music and a CD.
Giustozzi Mod. 87a F/Bb
Dino Baffetti Mod. 85LC G/C
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal