Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: club melodeon  (Read 4650 times)

Matthew B

Re: club melodeon
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2018, 02:15:43 AM »

No, sorry, this is not the Club layout.

Sebastian, thanks for the insights.  But I'm missing a detail here -- surely the layout shown in the Borghetti video I linked to shows a gleichton on button 5.  The bass is a little different -- looks like a fourth-apart two-row, with the C in both directions on the inside pair.  But to my eyes, still a club RH in all the essentials . . . 
Charter Member Presumpscot and Fore River Accordion Club

Eshed

• Respected Sage
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2018, 07:02:15 AM »

Sebastian, thanks for the insights.  But I'm missing a detail here -- surely the layout shown in the Borghetti video I linked to shows a gleichton on button 5.  The bass is a little different -- looks like a fourth-apart two-row, with the C in both directions on the inside pair.  But to my eyes, still a club RH in all the essentials . . .
It also lacks the pull D in the far side of the outer row.
Do you have a Hohner from 1934-1945 with a serial number on?
Send me a private message or comment on the German Accordion Problem spreadsheet to improve the statistics of the project and get an estimate of the production date of the box if it is not known.

Sebastian

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2018, 11:24:58 AM »

surely the layout shown in the Borghetti video I linked to shows a gleichton on button 5.  The bass is a little different -- looks like a fourth-apart two-row, with the C in both directions on the inside pair.  But to my eyes, still a club RH in all the essentials . . .
The sence of the Club layout is to let you play in three different, but related tonalities. To make this possible, the LH side is essential.

Concerning the treble side: Club layout provides a reversal for the 5th tone of the scale of the second row in all octaves. The 'gleichton' provides it for the middle octave (you could also use the 'dutch reversal') and the last button on the outer row provides it for the upper octave. The Club layout moves the two accidental buttons from the first buttons of the two rows to a third (inner) row, so that you have the normal deep notes on the end of the two full rows. I think, this is the Club layout in its most 'essential' form. (Normally there are some more buttons in the third row which give you some additional reversals you need for playing in the third tonality and some accidentals for the upper and bass octave.)

Randal Scott

• Respected Sage
  • Western USA
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2019, 06:14:06 PM »

I'd like to thank you, Sebastian, for your assay on clubs. 

For better/worse, I chose clubs as my instrument..largely as I'd bought - without even knowing about what club was - as they sounded and felt nice, and are priced nice!

As noted here or elsewhere, it's probably as much a matter of discovering/establishing a fulfilling repertoire for it.  I enjoy the variety of forms that sound well on it.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 06:17:20 PM by catty »

Andrew Kennedy

• Regular debater
    • About Sword Dancing
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2019, 06:49:41 PM »

Many of these replies appear to discuss the Club as a melody instrument (as does the original question). It could be that it is better seen as a simplified Steirische, with the emphasis on chords and arpeggios, at which point the fact that it it chromatic on the pull makes more sense.

Sebastian

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2019, 11:38:36 AM »

Many of these replies appear to discuss the Club as a melody instrument (as does the original question). It could be that it is better seen as a simplified Steirische, with the emphasis on chords and arpeggios, at which point the fact that it it chromatic on the pull makes more sense.
Sorry, I don’t understand the differentiation you made.  :( But it sounds interesting. Would you mind to ellaborate a bit?

What is the essential difference of a Steirische from a 'normal' two-row accordion? Why is a Club more apt to arpeggios and how do you use the "fact that it is chromatic on the pull"?  (:)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal