Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oakwood  (Read 39284 times)

Andy Duckering

• Good talker
  • Cotswold Border Garland
Re: Oakwood
« Reply #160 on: March 16, 2019, 01:42:35 PM »

The new Tommy which I tried was seriously impressive. The best I'd ever played, I think.
I'm sure Pete can sort one for you.  >:E

Oh please don't tempt me...I loved my Tommy and played it exclusively for years, till the Loffet landed. Still have it....couldn't bear to part with it. But a new one with a 3rds stop, and the recommendation that you're giving it.....and just after that nice Mr. Wesson called round with a Castagnari in A/D that I HAD to have too. Bye bye bank balance....

Cheers,
Guy

Which Loffet do you have Guy, and how do you find it?

Guy

• Not quite enough melodeons....
    • Cats Claw
« Reply #161 on: March 17, 2019, 12:19:10 AM »

I have 2 Graet y Breizh models...a 2-row D/G 3voice and a 2.5 row D/G 2v. I think they’re brilliant instruments for playing for dancing, whether ceilidhs or Morris (or presumably other forms of dance as well), as I guess that’s what they were designed for...and M. Loffet did a really good job of that, in my opinion. They are light, very responsive and have a well balanced sound...and can be very loud if necessary, I love them...
I commissioned a “Pro 2.6” 3voice, which I hoped would replace both of these so I would only have to take one instrument to gigs, but it just wasn’t right for me. It played beautifully (as I expected), but although light for this quality of instrument, it just didn’t lend itself to what I wanted. I played it for a few months, (as I know I need to live with a box for a while) and learned a lot about the weight and feel of box that I’m happy with, but I passed it on to someone who will hopefully enjoy it and get more out of it than I would!

Hope this helps,
Guy
Guy, in South Wales

Cats Claw, http://www.cats-claw.co.uk

Andy Duckering

• Good talker
  • Cotswold Border Garland
« Reply #162 on: March 17, 2019, 11:58:54 AM »

Thank you for replying Guy.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal