Discussions > General Discussion

Transferring and storing music score onto an I pad

(1/6) > >>

tiny:
Does anyone have any suggestions on which is the most simple way to transfer music score onto an I pad, and where to store it.

I don't need to play the music. What I wish to do is to have the score in alphabet order to access easily when needed.

Also does the I pad pencil work on all I pads or just the pro? I have looked it up but its not always easy to follow.

Any help gratefully received.
Lizzy

malcolmbebb:
If you have a pdf, you can transfer scores etc to the Books app from an email and re-send them using email.

For abcs I use Tunebook, although I have only transferred using iTunes.

My iPad isn't a Pro but I can use the pencil. It's one of the larger sizes, I'm not sure if it works on Minis.

boxcall:
what are you tranfering from?  another mac would be easy using airdrop.
not sure about apps for reading and storing? etc.

Roger Hare:

--- Quote from: malcolmbebb on March 19, 2019, 07:17:19 PM ---1. If you have a pdf, you can transfer scores etc to the Books app from an email and re-send them using email.

2. For abcs I use Tunebook, although I have only transferred using iTunes.

--- End quote ---

1. Do you mean iBooks? If so, gae canny!? I used to use iTunes to transfer files from my Windoze PC, but this has
such an ugly interface that I binned it and adopted the approach you outline. This mail-based approach only seems
to work intermittently. Two weeks ago, I successfully transferred several PDFs via email, clicking on the 'Download'
option in the mail program to transfer the attached file, and then using the 'Open In' option to save in iBooks (and
in the Adobe Reader directory). Last Saturday, for no reason that I could see, this simply refused to work - clicking
on the 'Open In' option just had no effect whatsoever. I wish I knew what was going on! (*)

2. I recently asked much the same question on concertina.net, and Tunebook was the 'people's choice',
though I haven't investigated it yet...

Roger

(*) As an alternative approach, I tried uploading the files to my Dropbox store and then downloading from there.
No dice! (other folks may have better luck, which is why I mention it, but the iPad seems to need a separate program to
download and save PDF files like this?). Basically, the iPad is a piece of over-sophisticated kit - very inflexible. Probably
the worst (and most expensive) purchase I ever made as far as computing goes.

Thrupenny Bit:
I do my abc-ing on my pc and transfer the file to iPad using Dropbox. I open Dropbox on ipad and see the abc file. Then open the abc file with the Tunebook app.
The same transfer method is good for pdf's, photos or any file.
You download Dropbox on your pc/iPad.
On pc copy and paste the file onto the Dropbox shortcut on desktop. On ipad open Dropbox and either 'export and select the app ( Books, Pages or whatever) or sometimes 'open file with ' and select the app.

Using Dropbox I transfer files to both iPad and my Android phone. It's a free app. I can share a large file such as a picture, without worrying that it is too big to transfer by email.
It's a good tool.....
Q

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version