Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transferring and storing music score onto an I pad  (Read 3735 times)

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
Re: Transferring and storing music score onto an I pad
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2019, 08:07:35 AM »

Roger, the other option is their on-line help.
I once couldn't sync. my iPod so tried their Helpline. They were excellent and talked me through and resolved my problem, which wasn't an easy thing to resolve. That is another viable alternative.
Good luck!
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2019, 08:31:23 AM »

I used a file manager (I think it was Document 5) that makes your iPad document storage look more like a pc. ...

Is there an android equivalent, anyone know?
Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

Anahata

• This mind intentionally left blank
  • Oakwood D/G, C/F Club, 1-rows in C,D,G
    • Treewind Music
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2019, 10:56:48 AM »

My Android phone presents itself as a USB storage device (i.e. like another disk drive or pendrive) when I connect it to my computer's USB port. I didn't have to install an app for that.

Some phones have a setup option where you can choose how it appears on USB (other options might be as a wireless networking connection, music player or camera, I suppose)
I'm a melodeon player. What's your excuse?
Music recording and web hosting: www.treewind.co.uk
Mary Humphreys and Anahata: www.maryanahata.co.uk
Ceilidh band: www.barleycoteband.co.uk

tiny

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2019, 01:43:58 PM »

Thanks for the information .... I have made a start with 'for Score'. I have to say I'm not exactly whizzing along with it but I find pdf files are simple to send using airdrop.

Does anyone know if it is possible to take a photo of a music score and put it into 'for Score' without making a pdf file.

Lizzy

lizzy in Hoppicking Herefordshire

Castagnari Tommy, Hohner one row,Dino Baffetti Binci, Giordy.

Robin Tims

• Good talker
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2019, 06:10:55 PM »

Lizzy I use the Turboscan app (not expensive) which lets you 'photograph' (ie scan) the music, frame it (ie crop), add a title, then transfer it seamlessly as a pdf straight into forScore. You can also adjust the exposure intensity when you 'frame' it and choose colour or monochrome.

It is dead easy, even for me, and quick to use under almost any lighting circumstances copying any size dots from bits of paper, books, magazines etc no problem (except obviously copyright ?)

Rob
Castagnari Clovis D/G. Irish Conc Co 'Eiru' C/G. Wheatstone Aeola 48b English Treble. Weltmeister Rubin 60 Bass P. Accordion.

Howard Jones

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2019, 07:32:03 PM »

On Android I use the Mobile Sheets app. As well as filing pdfs alphabetically you can tag and filter by a number of characteristics, link to a sound file, arrange into collections and setlists.  YOu can even attach a footpedal to turn pages. There's also a PC app which will help you manage it.

If I could just understand what the dots mean it would be even more useful.

Martin P

• Respected Sage
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2019, 08:09:04 PM »

Thanks for the information .... I have made a start with 'for Score'. I have to say I'm not exactly whizzing along with it but I find pdf files are simple to send using airdrop.

Does anyone know if it is possible to take a photo of a music score and put it into 'for Score' without making a pdf file.

Lizzy

Yes. Go to Darkroom option on right hand icon that looks like a cooking pot. You can then import jpg from camera or files.

Martin

Bill Young

• Paolo Soprani BCC#
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2019, 03:44:13 PM »

Not having looked at the forum for a few days, it’s very interesting to find discussion about forScore here. I’ve been using forScore for over 6 years; it was one of the reasons for buying an iPad in the first place. It was a good app back then, and has had continuous development and improvement, taking advantage of every update in iOS . I think it originally cost £4.99. Today’s price of £14.99 is a small one to pay for the best iPad music score storage, organising and display app on the planet.

Our small group of 6 accordion players have been using iPads and forScore (and Airturn foot pedals) since 2013. The iPads range from an elderly iPad 2 16GB to iPad Pro 10.5” 256GB. All run the current version of forScore, though the older iPads can’t take advantage of features introduced in iOS 11 and 12. All have oodles of room to store scores; my 2300 scores (including a number of fakebooks) takes up only 1.28GB.

forScore is very well supported with instructional material – user guide, searchable knowledge base and an archive of “features of the week”. These can be reached from within the app – top right icon (Toolbox) > Support.
There is also a fairly active forScore Users Group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1551026391866545/?ref=share

Roger Howard

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2019, 05:33:10 PM »

Piascore is pretty good, too. Easy to use, downloads from Dropbox, lets you take images of score and converts to pdf, turns pages etc. Works well on iPad. I don’t recall paying anything for it... but have been using it quite a long time.

Roger
G/C Gaillard 2 row, 3 voice, D/G Lilly, D/G Pariselle 2.6 row, Preciosa Bb/Eb.

tiny

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2019, 12:21:32 PM »

Yes. Go to Darkroom option on right hand icon that looks like a cooking pot. You can then import jpg from camera or files.

Thank you Martin. I have been successful  (:)  another small step forward.

Lizzy.

lizzy in Hoppicking Herefordshire

Castagnari Tommy, Hohner one row,Dino Baffetti Binci, Giordy.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal