Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: North East Melodeon Weekend 2020  (Read 1014 times)

MelonBox

• Respected Sage
    • Mel Biggs Music | Melodeon Teacher
North East Melodeon Weekend 2020
« on: February 05, 2020, 11:40:47 AM »

'North East Melodeon Weekend' is the new umbrella title for the two events: North East Melodeon Playgroup and Thinking Outside The Box VI.

I'm pleased to announce that North East Melodeon Playgroup is returning for a fourth year with tutors Mel Biggs (Beginners), Vicky Cooper (Absolute Beginners) and Richard Featherstone and Claire Abbott (Improvers) on Saturday with an additional workshop Mel's Thinking Outside The Box VI on Sunday.

Dates: 19-21st June 2020

Venue: Whittonstall Residential Centre & Campsite, Pasture House, Whittonstall, Northumbria, DH8 9JS

New For 2020
We have noticed the increase in interest for playing GC boxes - and some of us (Vicky & Mel!) are very excited about this! To encourage this, we are looking into the potential to run GC playgroup-style workshops alongside the usual DG workshops. They will run if we have enough interest so please specify your interest in GC workshops when you contact us!

We are pleased to be supported by Acorn Instruments again this year.

Full details and booking information in the document attached. People are already booking so come and join us!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 10:07:10 AM by MelonBox »
Castagnari Trilly DG and GC, Castagnari Tommy DG all by Acorn Instruments,
Hohner Picoletta Bb/Eb and Hohner Student 1 C/F conversion set up by Mike Rowbotham.

Pick Up & Play with Mel Biggs - Online beginners course: https://melbiggsmusic.co.uk/puap

Mel Biggs Musician | Melodeon Teacher
www.melbiggsmusic.co.uk

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
    • "Our Luxor B&B" Luxor life, slice by slice.
Re: North East Melodeon Weekend 2020
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 12:51:36 PM »

I just have to recommend this weekend!
Although I'm a very poor student, I've found great enjoyment and encouragement there over the last three years. The venue is excellent, as is the fellowship. If I can possibly be, I'll be there. (I hope that doesn't put anyone off!)
Come and experience some Northern friendliness, you won't regret it.
At last, broken and resigned to accept conformity.
Oh, how I LOVE Big Brother!

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 08:37:08 PM »

This weekend is cancelled. The venue is a County Girl Guides site. It is not run on a commercial basis and the revenue from us is a nice benefit for them. The risk for them is not worth holding the event this year. See you in 2021.       

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 08:41:21 PM »

This weekend is cancelled. The venue is a County Girl Guides site. It is not run on a commercial basis and the revenue from us is a nice benefit for them. The risk for them is not worth holding the event this year. See you in 2021.       

A real shame Nigel, but the right decision.  Too risky to get together this summer I think [:]|||[:]
Sideways typing on the wooden handbag (now with added electric typewriter).

Green Man Sword | Helena Handcart on Soundcloud| Squeezebox from Scratch |
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal