Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: North East Melodeon Playgroup III 2019  (Read 3115 times)

MelonBox

• Respected Sage
    • Mel Biggs Music | Melodeon Teacher
North East Melodeon Playgroup III 2019
« on: April 03, 2019, 02:16:14 PM »

I'm pleased to announce that North East Melodeon Playgroup is returning for a third year with tutors Mel Biggs (Beginners), Vicky Cooper (Absolute Beginners) and Richard Featherstone (Improvers). There will be an additional workshop day on Sunday: Thinking Outside The Box IV with Mel Biggs.

Dates: 14-16th June

Venue: Whittonstall Residential Centre & Campsite, Pasture House, Whittonstall, Northumbria, DH8 9JS

Full details and booking information in the document attached. 6 people already booked so come and join us!
Castagnari Trilly DG and GC, Castagnari Tommy DG all by Acorn Instruments,
Hohner Picoletta Bb/Eb and Hohner Student 1 C/F conversion set up by Mike Rowbotham.

Pick Up & Play with Mel Biggs - Online beginners course: https://melbiggsmusic.co.uk/puap

Mel Biggs Musician | Melodeon Teacher
www.melbiggsmusic.co.uk

MelonBox

• Respected Sage
Re: North East Melodeon Playgroup III 2019
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 02:23:24 PM »

Already 10 names on the list for playgroup and 4 on the list for Thinking Outside The Box IV but plenty of room for more! Don't forget to get in touch with answers to the questions laid out in the info attached to the original post (above)

workshops@melbiggsmusic.co.uk
Hohner Picoletta Bb/Eb and Hohner Student 1 C/F conversion set up by Mike Rowbotham.

Pick Up & Play with Mel Biggs - Online beginners course: https://melbiggsmusic.co.uk/puap

www.melbiggsmusic.co.uk

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
    • "Our Luxor B&B" Luxor life, slice by slice.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 04:09:39 PM »

Planning
After reading these notes, the following information would be very helpful if you’re
thinking of coming:-
1. You intend to attend the Playgroup.                                                Yes
2. You intend to book a place on Thinking Outside the Box.
No
3. Your likely ability level; absolute beginner, beginner, improver or more advanced.
Improver
4. If Absolute Beginner, would you like to borrow a melodeon?
N/A
5. Are you travelling by car?
Yes
6. Do you want a pick-up and drop off in Ebchester or Stocksfield?
N/A
7. Do you or any others (gender required) want to stay in the house on Friday
and/or Saturday nights? Also, would you like to stay over on Sunday night?
No
8. Do you or any others want to pitch on the camp site or caravan/mobile home
site on Friday and/or Saturday nights? Also, would you like to stay over on
Sunday night?
No

Thank you, and look forward to seeing you again.
Edward Jennings.
At last, broken and resigned to accept conformity.
Oh, how I LOVE Big Brother!

MelonBox

• Respected Sage
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 11:42:07 AM »

Thanks Edward! All noted. See you there!

www.melbiggsmusic.co.uk

MelonBox

• Respected Sage
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 10:17:12 PM »

With a month to go until the third North East Melodeon Playgroup (and the 4th Thinking Outside The Box!) We're on a BIG PUSH for numbers to make this fab fun weekend financially viable for all!

Friday 14th-Sunday 16th in sunny Whittonstall, Northumberland on a large Girl Guide camp that's all ours for the weekend! Space for camping and caravan/motorhomes, the gorgeous on site log cabin for sessions, the house for dorm room accommodation and big kitchen where we'll be cooking up some lovely communal eats, and all for a reasonably small price!

Sunday sees Mel's Thinking Outside The Box where this time round we'll be looking under the microscope at what it is to truly play together. Learning how to move with the music and give and take cues from each other which can be handy when wanting to change tune or to slow down! All through fun group activities and games using a small selection of English tunes.

Prep materials for TOTB go out TOMORROW (17th) so reserve your place now to get the prep pack in plenty of time to prepare for the workshop. (Detailed videos, ABC and annotated sheet music).

Come for the whole weekend, or just for a day! Email: workshops@melbiggsmusic.co.uk

Full weekend details available in the download attachment on the original post in this thread.

Help us by spreading the word, folks! Thank you
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 10:18:45 PM by MelonBox »

www.melbiggsmusic.co.uk

Scobarandbar

• Good talker
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 03:24:32 PM »

Hi Richard and Mel

I would like to come to this weekend but I will not know this for definite until a couple of days before due to other potential commitments.  I know this doesn't particularly help with your planning and organisation and I understand if you are unable to take me on the weekend.

1. You intend to attend the Playgroup. Yes
2. You intend to book a place on Thinking Outside the Box. Yes, but will need to book/pay on the weekend and understand if Mel's day becomes fully booked.
3. Your likely ability level; absolute beginner, beginner, improver or more advanced.  improver/Richard's class
4. If Absolute Beginner, would you like to borrow a melodeon? No
5. Are you travelling by car?
6. Do you want a pick-up and drop off in Ebchester or Stocksfield? No
7. Do you or any others (gender required) want to stay in the house on Friday and/or Saturday nights? Also, would you like to stay over on Sunday night?  Not staying on Sunday night
8. Do you or any others want to pitch on the camp site or caravan/mobile home site on Friday and/or Saturday nights? Also, would you like to stay over on Sunday night? Friday and Saturday pitch for small van

Thanks

Tufty

• Dino Bincis etc
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 06:33:43 PM »

Hi,
from my point of view not a problem! All welcome. Worth letting Mel Know asap about parking the van perhaps?

Scobarandbar

• Good talker
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2019, 07:36:30 PM »

Hi,
from my point of view not a problem! All welcome. Worth letting Mel Know asap about parking the van perhaps?

Thanks Tufty

I will also send Mel an email explaining.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 09:43:20 PM by Scobarandbar »

NickF

• Regular debater
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2019, 08:25:31 PM »

After reading these notes, the following information would be very helpful if you’re
thinking of coming:-
1. You intend to attend the Playgroup.                                Yes
2. You intend to book a place on Thinking Outside the Box.  No
3. Your likely ability level; absolute beginner, beginner, improver or more advanced. Beginner
4. If Absolute Beginner, would you like to borrow a melodeon? N/A
5. Are you travelling by car?     Yes
6. Do you want a pick-up and drop off in Ebchester or Stocksfield? N/A
7. Do you or any others (gender required) want to stay in the house on Friday
and/or Saturday nights? Also, would you like to stay over on Sunday night?  Yes [male] & Yes
8. Do you or any others want to pitch on the camp site or caravan/mobile home
site on Friday and/or Saturday nights? Also, would you like to stay over on
Sunday night? Yes and Yes

Many thanks for again putting in the work to organise and run this :)

Cheers,
Nick F
Serenellini 233, Streb, D/G Pokerwork, D/G Liliput, Bb/Eb Liliput, Bb/Eb Comedy Wardrobe (Hohner Model X), Bb/Eb Accidental Erika

If you can smile when things are going wrong, you must have someone else in mind to blame

MelonBox

• Respected Sage
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2019, 12:02:08 PM »

Many thanks for again putting in the work to organise and run this :)

Cheers,
Nick F

Thanks for your updated info Nick! see you there!

Hi,

Thanks Tufty

I will also send Mel an email explaining.

Thanks for your email Scobarandbar - I shall reply there. Absolutely no problem with the van - there's lots of space!

www.melbiggsmusic.co.uk

MelonBox

• Respected Sage
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2019, 02:51:22 PM »

Improvers: I've just sent an email with music and a questionnaire attached to it from Richard. Please check your junk/spam filters if you haven't received it in your inbox! Thanks!

www.melbiggsmusic.co.uk

MelonBox

• Respected Sage
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2019, 06:09:03 PM »

New email just landed in your inboxes! Please respond to it by Friday 7th or risk going hungry over the weekend! Thank you :-)

www.melbiggsmusic.co.uk

MelonBox

• Respected Sage
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2019, 04:19:31 PM »

Dear all,

Due to wet weather conditions, we've had to make a few adjustments in light of on site car parking arrangements for this weekend. Nigel has been and done a reccy of the site and has reported this back:

- It’s wet but the forecast is improving.

- The buildings and outdoor workshop tent will be heated.

- The camp site is usable, but there is space in beds or for indoor camping.

- The caravan/campervan site is usable. Please inform us immediately if you change your mind as this influences positioning of the vehicles.

- All those arriving tomorrow, please now email your ETA and phone Charles  (+44 7968867424) 10 mins before. He’ll give you instructions as we might need to juggle car parking dynamically.

- Outdoor and indoor footwear would be advisable for Van users, Campers and Absolute Beginners. 

Great British Summer, eh?!

www.melbiggsmusic.co.uk

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2019, 03:33:33 PM »

Congratulations to the organisers for another great event! Special thanks also to Nigel, Charles, Clive, Peter and the rest of the labourers (sorry, I don't know the names of the ladies involved) for their sterling efforts to keep everyone happy.

The tutors should also be mentioned, as the day would have been much less exciting without them and their skills; Mel, Tufty and Vicky.

It was lovely to mix with friends old and new, some from far away places too!

Thanks to all from me!

Kon

• Regular debater
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2019, 07:03:19 PM »

Heartily agreed! Thanks to all of the organisers and tutors. It was a lovely weekend and a brilliant introduction to the melodeon. And a pleasure to meet you Edward/Winston, if I have decoded your pseudonym correctly!
GC Erica

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2019, 08:14:30 PM »

"a pleasure to meet you Edward/Winston"

Likewise, Big Fellah!

"a brilliant introduction to the melodeon"

So says the man who hadn't picked one up before last Friday night, but was playing fluently using both ends within a couple of hours on Saturday!!!!! An inspiration to us all, and a feather in the cap of Heartshaped for the efficacy of her tuition.

heartshaped1

• Good talker
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2019, 08:00:59 AM »

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Kon and Winston for your kind words and patience at the weekend, you both made excellent progress and were a joy to teach. I very much hoe our paths will cross again sometime soon!
G/C/Acc VanDerAa, D/G/Acc Hohner Lucia, D/G Pariselle, D/G Castagnari Mory, G/C Castagnari Lilium, C/F Hohner Club I, D/G Hohner Pokerwork

MelonBox

• Respected Sage
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2019, 03:41:20 PM »

A great weekend everyone! Thanks for everyone's help with the catering and clean-up. Great camaraderie all weekend - it really made the whole event feel very special!

Budge has asked me to say that a 'very old music stand' was left behind. Also a pair of glasses was found on the grass up by Pax Haven. Anyone lay claim?

Dates for next year are being finalised!

www.melbiggsmusic.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal