Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tunes Area?  (Read 3057 times)

Matthew B

Tunes Area?
« on: January 11, 2008, 07:29:54 PM »

Does anyone have any thoughts about having an ABC/dots area on the website?  In the "What tune are you learning" thread someone has said they are transcribing original ABC's from their father's repertoire.  If I'm not mistaken thee are several other original ABC's here, either novel versions, or entirely original tunes.  A couple of people have pretty impressive personal collections of stuff that doesn't seem to show up on the most common search engines.  It might be worth digging these things out of the forum and putting them in a single place somewhere here.
Charter Member Presumpscot and Fore River Accordion Club

risto

• Respected Sage
Re: Tunes Area?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 11:48:28 PM »

Good idea. Was thinking to transcribe the version of Flogging reel from Alan Kelly's accordion playing during this weekend.

PS. Should perhaps be restricted to tunes only and the gossip stuff should go to the current 'Tunes' section?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 11:52:01 PM by risto »
Paolo Soprani 5-row, Roland FR1B-digital CBA button accordion. Guitar, 5-string OT banjo, mandolin, piano...
My one man band recording: https://apari.fi/Bonaparte_Crossing_The_Rhine_Risto.mp3

Clive Williams

• Administrator
    • Home Page
Re: Tunes Area?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 08:29:49 AM »

Does anyone have any thoughts about having an ABC/dots area on the website?  In the "What tune are you learning" thread someone has said they are transcribing original ABC's from their father's repertoire.  If I'm not mistaken thee are several other original ABC's here, either novel versions, or entirely original tunes.  A couple of people have pretty impressive personal collections of stuff that doesn't seem to show up on the most common search engines.  It might be worth digging these things out of the forum and putting them in a single place somewhere here.

Sure - I'd be happy to set one up. If anyone has a tune or collection of tunes they'd like to be put on the website please post it in the 'contribute articles' board, and I'll do the rest. Of course, please only post collections you've put together yourself - please don't use other peoples work without their permission.

That goes for any content anyone would like to see on the main site of course - just post it in the 'contribute articles' board.

Cheers,

Clive
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal