Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tuning table  (Read 885 times)

Mark Leue

• Regular debater
Tuning table
« on: April 10, 2019, 09:49:16 PM »

Just because there is literally no one else I know who would care, or comprehend, Ill show you what I made today. :-)
Obviously a rip off of Lester's design. THANKS LESTER. The shallow groove and snuggly fitting 1/8" MDF insert is in case I make some kind of gizmo for holding reeds not on the reed blocks or decide I need to modify my "blowhole".   I added bellows pin (okay, finish nails) after the photo was taken.  It still needs some gaskets at the bellows attachment I guess, but the box itself is airtight with silicone caulk between all the bits. The bellows is from a Club IIb I bought on ebay to cannibalize for the bellows and other parts.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 10:00:43 PM by Mark Leue »

Peadar

Re: Tuning table
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 11:00:09 PM »

Well done you!  Lester has a gizmo for holding reeds not on reed blocks in the form of scrap reed blocks which you appear to have a source of!
Why should the devil have all the best instruments???

Rog

• Repair and tuning in Hants
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 08:05:22 AM »

Having made a few tuning tables...a couple of suggestions. A lip on the base so you can clamp it to a bench. A handle extending off the top so you can pump it, while it is clamped to your bench.

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 12:44:57 PM »

You just need to be aware that this design of tuning table will not give you the final correct pitch, but will usually be somewhere around 3 - 5 cents sharp, depending on the position of the reed on the reed block. For final tuning you need to tune the reeds on the reed blocks in situ in the instrument.

There are many threads and discussions on this forum covering this aspect. Enter 'tuning table' into the Google Search box on the blue menu strip just below the header of every page of the forum. You will find lots of good advice. 

Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal