Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cohen Braithwaite-Kilcoyne  (Read 708 times)

IanD

• Too many melodeons...
Cohen Braithwaite-Kilcoyne
« on: April 14, 2019, 05:19:45 PM »

In case anyone hasn't seen this, here is Cohen's final recital for his music degree at Leeds:

https://livestream.com/uol/final-recitals-17/videos/157705262?fbclid=IwAR1Z_m1tSapmxnCaktbKwac5wvXsyoUb4CLuLW76mHb56Sn1aWTm41PPYXc

Magic melodeon at the start and about 29 minutes in, otherwise simply stunning playing you wouldn't believe is possible on an Anglo concertina...

If you get the chance to see him at a folk club, you should jump at it -- he's brilliant live :-)
Oakwood Model 4 D/G, Castagnari Dony D/G/#, Castagnari Tommy G/C, Baffetti Binci D/G, Hohner Preciosa D/G, Melos Bb/Eb, Lightwave SL5 and Kala California fretless basses

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
Re: Cohen Braithwaite-Kilcoyne
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 08:18:42 PM »

I saw this from your post on fb.
I think this is just stunning playing.
With the next generation coming through playing like this..... it bodes well!
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
Re: Cohen Braithwaite-Kilcoyne
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 08:22:56 PM »

….and it reminded me of the hey day of concertina playing, before it became 'just a folk instrument' - of the concertina bands, the virtuoso players that frequented the music halls. They played anything and everything including classical pieces. I kept reflecting on that whilst watching him.
Remember the old boys when the finale happens!
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal