Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old one row, followed me home.  (Read 948 times)

Mark Leue

• Regular debater
Old one row, followed me home.
« on: April 22, 2019, 01:12:22 AM »

Anyone recognize this two stop one row?  Unmarked.

Peadar

Re: Old one row, followed me home.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 01:23:08 AM »

Old melodeons, like stray cats, instinctively recognise someone who will look after them  :D
Why should the devil have all the best instruments???

Chris Rayner

• Respected Sage
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 08:25:44 AM »

I don’t think it’s one of mine.  I’ll let you know.
Elderly amateur musician hoping to stave off dementia by learning to play the melodeon.  Main instrument a Tommy, also D/G and G/C pokerworks,  a single row 2 stop Hohner, and a new addition to the free reedery, a rather splendid Paolo Soprani four voice 120 bass c-system chromatic button accordion.  Very shiny, very loud, and about the same size and weight as a small car.  Now I’ve traded me Benny with (ahem) a cash adjustment, to a three voice 60 bass Castagnari K3.

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
    • "Our Luxor B&B" Luxor life, slice by slice.
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 09:09:32 AM »

Ooooh, Mark! You've obviously got a bad dose of it, MAD, that is. Better start to look for a low interest mortgage, not to use to buy melodeons (they can be had cheap enough) but for a new house in which you'll have room to store them all!
At last, broken and resigned to accept conformity.
Oh, how I LOVE Big Brother!

Chris Rayner

• Respected Sage
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 01:11:30 PM »

A year or so ago I went to an auction of guitars, and similar instruments.  There were two showrooms full of them.  They had been the property of a recently deceased bloke who had kept them all in his modest house.  Sadly they were mostly cheap and poor quality.  In the catalogue the auction house mentioned that it had been difficult to remove them from the house without damage to them or the house.
Elderly amateur musician hoping to stave off dementia by learning to play the melodeon.  Main instrument a Tommy, also D/G and G/C pokerworks,  a single row 2 stop Hohner, and a new addition to the free reedery, a rather splendid Paolo Soprani four voice 120 bass c-system chromatic button accordion.  Very shiny, very loud, and about the same size and weight as a small car.  Now I’ve traded me Benny with (ahem) a cash adjustment, to a three voice 60 bass Castagnari K3.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal