Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Harmonica - Hohner CX12 in G  (Read 1588 times)

Alan Morley

• Alan Morley
    • UK Folk Music
Harmonica - Hohner CX12 in G
« on: April 22, 2019, 09:47:07 AM »

I started playing harmonica when I was around 10 years old - on the recommendation of a doctor to cure my asthma ( It didn't work )

I have played various types over the years but mainly play Lee Oscar diatonics in various keys. I have always had chromatic harmonicas but didn't understand them at all when I was a kiddie.

Around 4 years ago I took the plunge and shelled out £130 on a new Hohner CX12 chromatic in the key of G and started to play more.
Here's track 'Red Haired Boy' with a backing track of a bit of MIDI and  acoustic guitar.

https://soundcloud.com/alan_morley/red-haired-boy
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 09:51:34 AM by Alan Morley »
ISIS Melodeon, Hohner Erica,  Fender Strat Plus, Takamine, Hofner Violin Bass, Hohner CX12 Harmonica, etc.... Website: https://folk-music.uk

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
Re: Harmonica - Hohner CX12 in G
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 09:58:13 AM »

Nice playing. Yes I too have chromatic harps that I have never really understood ;) I know this tune, as it's the one I use when singing a song called The Little Beggarman, but never knew it had a title as a tune alone.

Sir John
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

Harmonicatunes

• Respected Sage
    • Harmonicatunes
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 01:34:33 AM »

Very nice version of Red Haired Boy. Brisk but relaxed. It's worth checking out David Naiditch, a tremendously good chromatic tune player.
Harmonica Player
Just starting with the Box

melodeon

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 03:19:54 AM »

Excellent but the recording is overwhelmed by other instruments.

I have owned a few CX12s.. (Gardnerized)  Over time I  went back to the (16 hole) 280 models.. One a standard 280 the other a 280 Larry Adler Professional, both Gardnerized.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal