Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanted: electronic/midi button accordion  (Read 2109 times)

Eddy

Wanted: electronic/midi button accordion
« on: April 23, 2019, 01:04:47 PM »

Hi

I’m learning a B/C melodeon (I discovered the playability of the button box)  but the mute that I created for the “grill” isn’t enought to play in the evening for “good neighbourly relations”
So I’m searching for a reedless melodeon to plug in headphones and try to play it (The midi systems are perhaps too much compared to whath I Asked 😁)
I found some informations about this kind of “musical instruments” but suggestions are welcome!

Thanks

Eddy

Chris Rayner

• Respected Sage
Re: Wanted: electronic/midi button accordion
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 11:10:11 AM »

Elderly amateur musician hoping to stave off dementia by learning to play the melodeon.  Main instrument a Tommy, also D/G and G/C pokerworks,  a single row 2 stop Hohner, and a new addition to the free reedery, a rather splendid Paolo Soprani four voice 120 bass c-system chromatic button accordion.  Very shiny, very loud, and about the same size and weight as a small car.  Now I’ve traded me Benny with (ahem) a cash adjustment, to a three voice 60 bass Castagnari K3.

Stockaryd

• Regular debater
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 01:53:30 PM »

If you have a  "tablet"  ( or ipad)

- you can download a free  app to play melodeon.

Some apps are good, others are even better.

Nobody/noone  is perfect.   ;) 
Hohner Corso, Hohner Erica, Emmanuel Pariselle, Gessner,   Koch,   Mariotti,    "China  NoName",   4 Toy,     -and now some more

Dick Rees

• Neo-Luddite
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 02:05:41 PM »

Hi

I’m learning a B/C melodeon (I discovered the playability of the button box)  but the mute that I created for the “grill” isn’t enought to play in the evening for “good neighbourly relations”
So I’m searching for a reedless melodeon to plug in headphones and try to play it (The midi systems are perhaps too much compared to whath I Asked 😁)
I found some informations about this kind of “musical instruments” but suggestions are welcome!

Thanks

Eddy

I bought a MIDI accordion so I could play at all hours of the night without disturbing my wifes sleep.  I hadn't reckoned with the accompanying foot tapping.

She was NOT pleased...
"You're making the wrong mistakes."
...Thelonius Monk

"I never made one of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking."
...Albert Einstein

Cogito ergo bibo.
...Bacchus

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 02:12:41 PM »

Eddy

As far as I know the Roland and Streb midi melodeon systems are the only ones that do what you want.

Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

Eddy

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 10:00:09 PM »

Hi

I searched for some resources on the web for a midi reedless conversion of a button box
I need a "simply" button accordion with only the sound of accordion and the socket for the headphones (to study at home in the evening)
I did "data minig" and, at the moment, the results are:

Strebb (UK): perhaps the best option for a very professional midi button accordion. A very long time for the waitinig list  :-[
Midi Botique (Bulgaria): I haven't feedback yet...
Accordion Magic (UK): Mr. Whiteley is very kind. I must "sacrifice" a box. It's a valid option
Scotland Accordion (UK): The staff is very helpful. They have also the button accordion and they sell the "kit" (with a choice of the accordion). Perhaps it's the best option for my purpose
Logic System (Italy): I haven't feedback yet...
Roland: FR - 18. I didn't find it in any stores. Perhaps It isn't in production.

the price for the midi conversion, I state that I haven't deep knowledge of the "midi" world, is more or less the same (Scotland Accordion has a "low" budget option for entry level model of accordion)

If you are interested, I'll update the post...

Eddy

george garside

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 10:38:58 PM »

the roland was bloody awful and wasn't in production for long.  Streb's are made individual to order  and are great but I understand there is a long waiting list/time. Cant comment on the others mentioned

george

author of DG tutor book "DG Melodeon a Crash Course for Beginners".

Clive Williams

• Administrator
    • Home Page
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 10:43:24 PM »

I would have concerns getting a midi system designed mostly for use in a piano accordion or 5 row chromatic; a diatonic box has very different properties, and things like getting the dynamic response curve for air pressure right are important for making it sound correct.

The other thing to bear in mind is keyboard noise; the Streb is quite noisy. Not really suitable if you want to play with someone else in the same room, but otherwise it would be fine.

Corinto

• Regular debater
  • Spain/Brasil/Belgium
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2019, 10:34:24 AM »

Midi Botique (Bulgaria): I haven't feedback yet...
Accordion Magic (UK): Mr. Whiteley is very kind. I must "sacrifice" a box. It's a valid option
Scotland Accordion (UK): The staff is very helpful. They have also the button accordion and they sell the "kit" (with a choice of the accordion).

Thanks Eddy for this info.
Really interesting.
Carpe diem, C.

EricJamesWhite

• Good talker
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2019, 04:59:08 PM »

Have you got fixed up yet with a midi melodeon?
German Hohner Pokerwork, Hohner Club 3M, Dino Baffetti Carnival 3, Sandpiper Curlew, Hohner Atlanta (Midi), Hyde Alchemist (Midi), Roland Fr-18 (Midi)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal