Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Magic Path (An Cosán Draiochta)  (Read 752 times)

Matthew B

The Magic Path (An Cosán Draiochta)
« on: April 25, 2019, 02:56:13 PM »

I've been listening to Johnny Connolly's playing recently and came across this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DnkFCcYbe8)of him performing a couple of his own compositions.  The first tune, An Cosán Draiochta particularly interests me for a couple of reasons: 1) it's a great tune, and 2) if I'm not mistaken it uses every button on the instrument. 

Does anyone have this tune written out in any form?  I haven't found it in any of the "usual places" (The Session, John Chambers Tunefind etc) so I'm on an uphill journey to learn it by ear.  I'll take any help I can get.
Charter Member Presumpscot and Fore River Accordion Club

tirpous

Re: The Magic Path (An Cosán Draiochta)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 04:27:35 PM »

I transcribed this tune from another video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt4DjASIHbM ) a few years ago.  No guarantee of total accuracy, but it should get you going.  Enjoy !

Matthew B

Re: The Magic Path (An Cosán Draiochta)
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 05:01:57 PM »

Thanks so much! 

And this is another brilliant melnet moment.  It took less than 90 minutes to turn that around.   
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 05:07:44 PM by Matthew B »
Charter Member Presumpscot and Fore River Accordion Club
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal