Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GC into BC  (Read 816 times)

Pat McInnis

• Respected Sage
GC into BC
« on: May 19, 2019, 05:08:39 PM »

I have an old GC Pokerwork that I mostly just play on the C row (the G needs a lot of love). I was thinking about buying a B row to make it a BC but then I saw a thread where Stiahm mentioned flipping reed plates for the conversion. Is this possible without having to make up reeds that don't work out? The bass layout also looks pretty similar to BC but I think it's the old style. Anyways, I'm just kicking around ideas for a box that already have and play.

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
Re: GC into BC
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 05:30:24 PM »

It can be done if you have a little bit of experience with retuning reeds. You will need new reeds for the F#C# button at the top of the B row
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

invadm

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 06:18:42 PM »

isn't it funny? I was thinking of converting a BC to GC for the same reason.how abut a swap BC set for GC set ? it will save a lot of hassle & work for bot of us  8)     

Pat McInnis

• Respected Sage
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 04:37:04 PM »

Swapping reeds was a great idea but sadly it didn't work out. If anyone else is up for trade I would be interested. My GC reeds are on blocks with newish valves and will need a good tune. Failing that I will go back to my plan of converting my set to BC despite Theo's warning. Haha
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal