Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Busking  (Read 2830 times)

Jesse Smith

• Buffalo, NY, USA
Re: Busking
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2019, 05:33:10 PM »

Thanks for that baz, I've added his blog to my blog reader list. A very witty writer.

I always try to support buskers around town, even when they are basically just strumming a guitar or squeaking away at a saxophone as an adjunct to panhandling. We don't have much of a busking culture here compared to larger cities or especially compared to the UK or Europe, so I like to support it wherever I find it. And if they are encouraged to continue doing it, they'll probably improve with the practice!
Hohner Pokerwork D/G (x2!), Hohner one row four stops in D and C, Hohner Presswood C/F.

baz parkes

• All Blacked Up
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2019, 11:22:09 AM »

Thanks for that baz, I've added his blog to my blog reader list. A very witty writer.

Aside from that in the 1980s the morris team I played for were invited to the Basque Country for a series of shows and a festival performance. Finding ourselves with a free morning the band decided to do some busking, and, as is customary "salted the hat"...a rather fetching Basque beret.

We played for a couple of hours to some very appreciative crowds and decided to head back for lunch and the accompanying carboy of wine. On counting the take in order to divvy it up we were somewhat surprised to find there was less there than when we started... >:E
On the edge of Cheshire's Golden Triangle, apparently...

Nick Collis Bird

• Been squeezing melodeons for over 48 years (badly)
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2019, 04:26:08 PM »

Oh!! Just love that Baz.
  Anyway to bring the gang up to date. Have left Córdoba, Seville and Granada, now in the old part of Malaga.
 Mexican trumpet players, regulatory guitars. But no squeeze boxes.  I’ll give the player a whole Euro if I find him/ her.
 By the way.... at least there are no Peruvian pipe players. I’m in serious search of something Diatonic.
Will keep you posted.
Has anyone heard of the song. “ Broken Alarm-clock Blues” ? It starts   “I woke up this Afternoon”

Chris Rayner

• Respected Sage
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2019, 06:00:38 PM »

The Picasso museum in Malaga is worth a visit.  Local artist.
Elderly amateur musician hoping to stave off dementia by learning to play the melodeon.  Main instrument a Tommy, also D/G and G/C pokerworks,  a single row 2 stop Hohner, and a new addition to the free reedery, a rather splendid Paolo Soprani four voice 120 bass c-system chromatic button accordion.  Very shiny, very loud, and about the same size and weight as a small car.  Now I’ve traded me Benny with (ahem) a cash adjustment, to a three voice 60 bass Castagnari K3.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal