Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hypothetical mic set up - would it work?  (Read 850 times)

Huw Adamson

• Good talker
Hypothetical mic set up - would it work?
« on: June 12, 2019, 01:20:25 AM »

I really know very little about microphones, but I'm trying to get a set up which lets me change boxes quickly, and move about on stage, without taking up too much room. I had the idea of getting a Microcosm 'standard psu', with one input to a microvox M405/410 (not sure which I should get, but that's another question) and the other input (probably the adjustable one) going to a wireless receiver, coupled with a wrist-mounted clip on mic for my left hand. The output could then, I think, go straight to the mixing desk. Would this work? If so, any suggestions for the wireless mic?
And the sharks they played melodeon

Kimric Smythe

• Smythe's Accordion Center
Re: Hypothetical mic set up - would it work?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 07:33:34 AM »

I would set up each instrument with a standard 1/4 output and get a belt wireless unit and just plug into whichever instrument you are using.
Smythe's Accordion Center
Pinole, California
Sales and repairs since 1997

Huw Adamson

• Good talker
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 09:58:16 AM »

I would set up each instrument with a standard 1/4 output and get a belt wireless unit and just plug into whichever instrument you are using.
Then I'd need to buy a different mic set up for every melodeon. The only thing I wanted wireless was my left hand, so I could change which box my one set of mics was on quickly and easily.

2rightfeet

• Good talker
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 03:45:11 PM »

Am I missing something? I use Microvox pickups on both sides of the melodeon (small single one on the LH); it is reasonably easy to pull them both off the Velcro and attach to a different box. So why do you need the left hand wireless but not the right one?

Huw Adamson

• Good talker
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 04:15:40 PM »

Am I missing something? I use Microvox pickups on both sides of the melodeon (small single one on the LH); it is reasonably easy to pull them both off the Velcro and attach to a different box. So why do you need the left hand wireless but not the right one?
I don't like the cable dangling between the left and right hands. I don't /need/ the left hand wireless, I'd just prefer it.

Rog

• Repair and tuning in Hants
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 05:34:39 PM »

I have two t.bone cc75 mics, attached with Velcro, plugged into a Behringer xenyx 802 (so I can monkey about with my levels) and then feed from there to the PA. it’s not perfect but the mics are fine and very reasonably priced.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal