Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shoulder Straps  (Read 1101 times)

Pete Dunk

• Typo Expert
Shoulder Straps
« on: June 13, 2019, 04:38:01 PM »

I recently bought some new shoulder straps from ebay, the straps (Belti)  are Polish made, and the vendor is in Warsaw. At £16.90 for a pair + £3.50 postage for the 80-120 bass size, they seemed to be pretty good value so I bought two pairs, one black and the other dark brown. I sent a message enquiring about postage for multilple purchases and was assured that the cost would be adjusted at the point of sale. That didn't happen and the vendor asked if I would like a £2 refund of my PayPal payment or a backstrap by way of compensation. I wasn't able to reply immediately because my work internet browser won't allow me to log onto ebay and by the time I got home he'd already posted the order and included a backstrap which was worth rather more than the £2 refund I was entitled to. Delivery time was three working days via DHL

The straps are both the same length and in the 80-120 bass size that I bought are about 4cm shorter than a Mally Strap so a single strap player gets two usable straps per pair. They are plain leather and unpadded but they are 4.5cm wide at the shoulder, so the load is well spread. I am very pleased with them.

The straps, available in different lengths and colours, are on ebay here.
Squeezing on the Isle of Oxney, UK
Primo (Serenellini) D/G
Isis D/G
Hohner B/E, G/C, C/F, Bb/Eb G/C/F
Liliputs D/G (G scale), C/F, Bb/Eb, Albrecht Custom D/G (G scale)

Mike Hirst

• Primatona IV D/D#, Black Dot B/C, One Row in D
Re: Shoulder Straps
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 04:55:47 PM »

I recently made the same purchase. i liked them so much that I immediately bought another pair. great quality, great price and top notch personal service.
"Slip like Freudian, your first and last step to playing yourself like an Accordion" - MF DOOM - Madvillain

Trefry

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 05:41:26 PM »

I've been looking for a pair of unpadded straps like these.  I'm not sure what size would work best with an Erica, but I'm thinking 80 - 120 bass size would be okay.  Mike, did you get the 80 - 120 bass size too?

Peadar

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 07:52:13 PM »

I can thoroughly recomend the Belti straps- very good quality. I put them on a 48 bass PA, they were very comfortable.
Why should the devil have all the best instruments???

Mike Hirst

• Primatona IV D/D#, Black Dot B/C, One Row in D
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 12:08:35 AM »

I've been looking for a pair of unpadded straps like these.  I'm not sure what size would work best with an Erica, but I'm thinking 80 - 120 bass size would be okay.  Mike, did you get the 80 - 120 bass size too?

The first pair I bought are 60cm-80cm. These work well on a smaller instrument. As an average size adult male I find them comfortable and effective, but I have very little wriggle room. Both straps are on the last hole. It would be possible to add a couple of extra holes.

My second purchase were 80-120 bass size. These match the length of my existing straps which I have previously used with Hohner Corona and double ray instruments. I have found that the best option is to swap the straps around to make two short/long pairs. These are very comfortable and fit well on all instruments, including my little Italian one and a half row and one row instruments.

I bought my straps through ebay, same link as above. If you want to see the full Belti range this is their web address:

https://belti.com.pl/index.php
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 12:29:06 AM by Mike Hirst »
"Slip like Freudian, your first and last step to playing yourself like an Accordion" - MF DOOM - Madvillain
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal