Discussions > Buy and Sell

For Sale: Hohner Pokerwork C/F

(1/1)

Fred:
Thinning out the herd:

This Pokerwork in C/F is for sale.
The tuning is pretty wet (old Hohner style). It has third button starts on both rows and classic accidentals on chin end.
It is absolutely airtight.
No gigbag or case included.

What's so special about this box, you ask? Why should you buy this one off my hands?
Well, for one it's a lovely Hohner box. They're always awesome.
Furthermore, it's not golden coloured like most Pokerworks but instead has a wooden look to it (see pictures), so it's not quite as shiny and reflective. (I personally prefer this look over the shiny shiny bling bling look but that's up to your personal likings.)
Most of all, it's relatively cheap. ;)

What needs to be done for this instrument to get back in shape?
- Revalve and rewax (necessary standard work)
- Fine tuning of reeds (definitely playable but not what most people prefer as of today)
- Retape bellows (see pictures, significant wear on back side)
- Renew bass buttons (see pictures, they're a bit all over the place)

All in all just some classic fettling necessary.
Can definitely be done by a shop for a reasonable price as well, if you're not up to the challenge yourself.
Lester has put out some awesome videos recently on how to hot rod a Hohner Pokerwork - follow these and you'll be good to go! :)

Asking for 250 € (~223 GBP at current exchange rate) or nearest offer. I'm open to consider genuine offers.

This price is excluding postage which depends on where the box will travel. (:)
The box is located in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. A pickup could be arranged, if you wish to.
Payment can be made by bank transfer or Paypal, whichever you prefer.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you're interested or if you have any further questions.

Fred:
More pictures.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version