Discussions > General Discussion

Melodeon storage and practice carts and dedicated practice spaces.

(1/5) > >>

Blake:
Hello fellow squeezers!
I have a small herd of boxes at present: a Benny G/C, Mory D/G, and a Morse baritone English Concertina. Before practice I generally have a routine of gathering instruments, music, a stand, pencils, computer to access reference vids, etc. Then after practice, I have to put all that away. I'm thinking of building something akin to an A-V car for all my squeezers and accoutrements for easy practice set up and wrap up.

I'd love to see pictures of any such carts or dedicated practice areas you folks have to consider in my design.

Thanks!
Blake

playandteach:
I have a piano room. But I have to move from there if my kids are playing the piano. Then I have to move from the kitchen if one of them is in there. I think I need a shed. I like keeping the instruments out though. On the piano usually. I keep my bike in the living room too. I'm lucky to get away with it.

Blake:

--- Quote from: playandteach on June 22, 2019, 02:54:25 PM ---I have a piano room. But I have to move from there if my kids are playing the piano. Then I have to move from the kitchen if one of them is in there. I think I need a shed. I like keeping the instruments out though. On the piano usually. I keep my bike in the living room too. I'm lucky to get away with it.

--- End quote ---
This post is delightful. Sounds like a happy musical, fit family.  I do have a wonderful shed for such things (image attached, but my adult son took it over as his  crash pad. Always happy he comes by. :)

GPS:

--- Quote from: playandteach on June 22, 2019, 02:54:25 PM ---I have a piano room. But I have to move from there if my kids are playing the piano. Then I have to move from the kitchen if one of them is in there. I think I need a shed. I like keeping the instruments out though. On the piano usually. I keep my bike in the living room too. I'm lucky to get away with it.

--- End quote ---

I absolutely agree about having instruments ready to pick up and play around the house.Only trouble is,when you've got 13 or 14 of 'em they do start to get in the way...........

Mine - the ones in playing order - live on a couple of shelves.

playandteach:

--- Quote from: Blake on June 22, 2019, 03:33:00 PM ---I do have a wonderful shed for such things (image attached, but my adult son took it over as his  crash pad. Always happy he comes by. :)

--- End quote ---
Now I have shed envy. Fortunately we don't really have the space in our garden. We do have a bike shed, but it's full of bikes, hence my best bike being indoors. We do have a ceiling mounted washing rack in our house with very tall ceilings. Perhaps I could add another for melodeons.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version