Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jockey to the Fair  (Read 582 times)

robotmay

Jockey to the Fair
« on: June 27, 2019, 12:56:10 PM »

Haven't been around in a while due to various other things getting in the way, but managed to knock out a quick recording of a variation on Jockey to the Fair the other day. This is the version I learnt first, and I recently added more to it from Chris Leslie's playing on Dancing Days, which I think might be the only recording of the Adderbury version of this tune. He also dances a jig to this whilst playing, which I have tried and subsequently failed at. This version has a few extra bars over the more common version, which makes the tune much more fun, I think. There is some ABC around for this version but my recording follows much more closely to Chris' playing than to the notes I've found.

Recorded in a renovation-in-progress room on my phone because the acoustics are particularly fun in there ;D

https://robotmay.bandcamp.com/track/jockey-to-the-fair

(I've had to swap to Bandcamp as Soundcloud seems to want me to pay to upload tracks these days, which seems to be a bit pointless considering this is the first one I've done in about a year)

Dick Rees

• Neo-Luddite
Re: Jockey to the Fair
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 01:17:44 PM »

Lovely!
"You're making the wrong mistakes."
...Thelonius Monk

"I never made one of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking."
...Albert Einstein

Cogito ergo bibo.
...Bacchus

robotmay

Re: Jockey to the Fair
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 12:01:39 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal