Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An article about The English Morris Dance in The Palestine Post from 1938  (Read 1009 times)

Eshed

• Respected Sage

Attached.
I thought this might be of interest to some here.
Do you have a Hohner from 1934-1945 with a serial number on?
Send me a private message or comment on the German Accordion Problem spreadsheet to improve the statistics of the project and get an estimate of the production date of the box if it is not known.

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?

The article gives the impression that the author is homesick for rural England. One wonders what the indigenous population made of such an article.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.

Interestingly, if you look up the author on Wiki, his specialty is Cornish Tin mines/miners/and mining. I can see no connection at all with the Middle east.

SJ
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon

I'm with Bob, it sounds like a homesick reflection, though theres nothing wrong with that!
Thanks for sharing, old articles are of interest to a lot of people here.
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Eshed

• Respected Sage

Interestingly, if you look up the author on Wiki, his specialty is Cornish Tin mines/miners/and mining. I can see no connection at all with the Middle east.
According to my search this is his only article in the Palestine Post.
He is mentioned by name three more times in radio schedules of the BBC Empire Service.

I suspect it's just a random article to fill space on the paper's music and arts page on a lazy week.
Do you have a Hohner from 1934-1945 with a serial number on?
Send me a private message or comment on the German Accordion Problem spreadsheet to improve the statistics of the project and get an estimate of the production date of the box if it is not known.

baz parkes

• All Blacked Up

Thanks Eshed…I've taken the liberty of sharing this with Jamie Wheeler, one of the Bampton musicians...
On the edge of Cheshire's Golden Triangle, apparently...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal