Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The melodeon the first instrument ever on film! And it happened in Leeds  (Read 383 times)

Barry Spaul

Others man have seen the documentary on TV about the Leeds film pioneer ,le Prince . One point I noted was the first instrument ever to appear on film was a melodeon, anyone fancy adding a few seconds of soundtrack?

https://youtu.be/HbJZvtUQvGI

Broadland Boy

• Awful noises from Pokerwork, HA114G, BbEb Liliputs

Hopefully someone with a trained eye can determine IF he is playing it and if so WHAT ;) 

Somewhat ironic it wasn't a first bagged by one of the French pioneers, although given the fragility of early film stock praps we should just be content this clip, has survived !

Thanks
Richard A
Venit ventus contrarius ventus egrediente,
Omnes prope quid ventum est circa

Peadar

• Respected Sage
  • Is e obair latha toiseachadh.

The clue may well be in the dance steps- I don't know what they are but he is dancing-but one of the dancing masters on here should recognise them. Those are not random foot movements or just hopping from side to side.
It's not MAD...just stress management:  Antoria: 3-Stop A. Hohner 1040-G  Chanson:C. Hohner AD and then there's the workshop.

Nigel

• Respected Sage

Leeds eh! I thought that all ground breaking stuff, engineering advances etc in the 19th Century happened in Manchester. It was a common theme the last time I visited the science museum in Manchester.

Julian S

• D/G Pastourelle 2, Dony, Giordy, Binci etc

I missed the documentary unfortunately - the story sounds fascinating. So it was his brother playing the melodeon ? And Louis Le Prince mysteriously disappeared in 1890 ?
I think we need much more analysis of the dance steps (and playing !)

J
(And it happened in Leeds...just oop t'road from my home town...)

Jesse Smith

• Respected Sage
  • Buffalo, NY, USA

Looks like that clip is only actually about a second long and looped four times. (It's also apparently flipped left-to-right.)
Hohner Pokerwork D/G, Hohner one row four stop in C, Hohner Pressed Wood C/F.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.