Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tune of the Month for July 2019: Mazurka Des Ecoliers De Saint Genest  (Read 6742 times)

Eshed

• Respected Sage
Re: Tune of the Month for July 2019: Mazurka Des Ecoliers De Saint Genest
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2019, 06:20:28 PM »

Got it. The real question is why the video I posted for theme of the month keeps starting a few seconds into the tune rather than at the beginning of the video....
Doesn't do it here...
Do you have a Hohner from 1934-1945 with a serial number on?
Send me a private message or comment on the German Accordion Problem spreadsheet to improve the statistics of the project and get an estimate of the production date of the box if it is not known.

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2019, 11:28:39 AM »

My best effort
https://soundcloud.com/greg-bradfield-smith/mazurka-des-ecoliers-de-st-genest-30071

I very nearly didn't post this month, as this tune is giving me an awful lot of bother.
I have been trying (and trying and trying and trying...) to play it with a syncopated left hand rhythm. Which sounds great for the odd few bars where I managed to get it right. In the end, I have given up on this and I've just done it with what came out of my fingers.

Twice through with some intended variations and some totally unintended ones. Second time through one of them went right and I was so surprised I stopped in my tracks for a few microseconds. Apologies but I post it for completeness.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 11:31:17 AM by Tone Dumb Greg »
Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2019, 01:37:44 PM »

Sounds good. Lively and purposeful.
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2019, 10:47:14 PM »

Thanks for the welcome comment P&T.
It wasn't supposed to be a "take" It was tacked on at the end of my abortive attempts to record what I intended. I played this to remind myself of how the melody went and it sounded better than I expected when I listened back.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 10:49:56 PM by Tone Dumb Greg »
Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

Clive Williams

• Administrator
    • Home Page
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2019, 09:50:13 PM »

Thanks all - we're onto onto the new(!) tune, so as usual please stick late contribs on the end of this thread as usual.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal