Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tony Hall  (Read 1025 times)

Broadland Boy

• Awful noises from Pokerwork, HA114G, BbEb Liliputs
Tony Hall
« on: August 01, 2019, 10:56:56 AM »

With the recent noting of Tony Hall's relatively rare appearances these days in another thread, I've copied an email received today regarding an event at Aylsham in which he is due to feature, along with re screenings of films of Walter Pardon and Harry Cox

Hi there Folk Fans,
I hope you remember me from the Walter Pardon Centenary Festival in 2014, the Sam Larner Festival in 2015 or the Harry Cox Festival in 2016.
This year I'm helping to organise A-Fest - the third Aylsham Festival of Dance, Music & Song, in Aylsham - about mid way between Norwich and Cromer, from Friday 6 to Sunday 8 September.
If you live in Aylsham you can read about A-Fest in "Just Aylsham" magazine (pp 30 & 31) which should drop through your letterbox by Saturday.
If you live further afield you can read about A-Fest on the Aylsham Town Council website: www.aylsham-tc.gov.uk/events
We are now just five weeks away from A-Fest and we are pleased to announce that tickets for all-day Saturday 7 September have just gone on sale at the special discount price of £16 each - saving up to £8.
They cover all ticketed events on the Saturday ie:
the lunchtime archive folk film show (featuring Harry Cox, Sam Larner and Walter Pardon) - entry £3;
the afternoon concert with Rattlebox, Threescore, Tony Hall and Partners in Time - entry £6;
adult beginners ukulele workshop and dance workshops - entry £2 each or £5 for all of them
the evening concert with Damien Barber, Gemma Khawaja and Chanter's Jigge - entry £10.
if you are interested in the discounted tickets please send a cheque made out to Brian Gaudet, with a stamped self-addressed envelope, to me at:
33 Nelson Road, North Walsham, NR28 9HL.
If you see me at local folk events in the next few weeks (eg this weekend's Weybourrne Folk Weekend) I am sure to have tickets with me for sale as well as A-Fest fliers. Just come and say hello!
Thanks for your interest in A-Fest,
Brian

Richard A
Venit ventus contrarius ventus egrediente,
Omnes prope quid ventum est circa

baz parkes

• All Blacked Up
Re: Tony Hall
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 12:31:02 PM »

We are now just five weeks away from A-Fest and we are pleased to announce that tickets for all-day Saturday 7 September have just gone on sale at the special discount price of £16 each - saving up to £8.
They cover all ticketed events on the Saturday ie:
the lunchtime archive folk film show (featuring Harry Cox, Sam Larner and Walter Pardon) - entry £3;
the afternoon concert with Rattlebox, Threescore, Tony Hall and Partners in Time - entry £6;
adult beginners ukulele workshop and dance workshops - entry £2 each or £5 for all of them
the evening concert with Damien Barber, Gemma Khawaja and Chanter's Jigge - entry £10.
if you are interested in the discounted tickets please send a cheque made out to Brian Gaudet, with a stamped self-addressed envelope, to me at:
33 Nelson Road, North Walsham, NR28 9HL.
That is some bargain...shame it's so far away... :|glug
On the edge of Cheshire's Golden Triangle, apparently...

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
    • "Our Luxor B&B" Luxor life, slice by slice.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 01:35:05 PM »

"Gemma Khawaja"

Wavering off-topic, I know, but does anyone know this lady? I'm asking 'cause "Khawaga" is the name that Egyptians give to white foreigners, strange!
At last, broken and resigned to accept conformity.
Oh, how I LOVE Big Brother!

Eshed

• Respected Sage
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 01:41:10 PM »

"Gemma Khawaja"

Wavering off-topic, I know, but does anyone know this lady? I'm asking 'cause "Khawaga" is the name that Egyptians give to white foreigners, strange!
It's Khawaja and not Khawaga, so at the very least we know she's not Egyptian...
Do you have a Hohner from 1934-1945 with a serial number on?
Send me a private message or comment on the German Accordion Problem spreadsheet to improve the statistics of the project and get an estimate of the production date of the box if it is not known.

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
    • "Our Luxor B&B" Luxor life, slice by slice.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 02:03:27 PM »

Ah, yes, I hadn't noticed the different spelling. However, Egyptian spelling, in English of Arabic words, is not an exact science! if you don't believe me, try following the official road signs from Luxor to Dendera/Dendara/Dendra/Dendora.......ad infinitum!   
At last, broken and resigned to accept conformity.
Oh, how I LOVE Big Brother!

Anahata

• This mind intentionally left blank
  • Oakwood D/G, C/F Club, 1-rows in C,D,G
    • Treewind Music
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 03:19:18 PM »

Gemma is from the Midlands, but now living in Cromer, Norfolk. I've met her once or twice. She plays guitar and sings traditional English songs and her own compositions, and has a good voice. You'll find lots of examples on YouTube.

I'm not sure about the part of her ancestry that her name came from. I'm pretty sure she's English by birth.
I'm a melodeon player. What's your excuse?
Music recording and web hosting: www.treewind.co.uk
Mary Humphreys and Anahata: www.maryanahata.co.uk
Ceilidh band: www.barleycoteband.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal