Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Halsway Manor: Will Pound Workshop Day  (Read 1710 times)

RachelAtHalsway

• Good talker
Halsway Manor: Will Pound Workshop Day
« on: August 15, 2019, 01:36:00 PM »

Workshop day with Will Pound at Halsway manor. Evening gig at Pebbles Tavern, Watchet.

Beginners/Intermediate Workshop runs 10am until 12.30pm

The focus will be on bellow control, rhythm, chord shapes and major and minor scales. Will is a great believer that the melodeon is not as difficult an instrument as it is made out to be! He’ll show you a few simple steps to get you started on the way to finding your own style and understanding how the instrument works.

Intermediate/Advanced Workshop runs 1.30 to 4pm

The focus will be on different bellows techniques, cross-rowing to improve chord choices, percussive techniques, accompanying singers and other instrumentalists and rhythm.

Rather than just learning tunes we’ll look at ways to improve the tunes you already know and ways to apply the things you learn to tunes you will learn in the future.

Details here: https://halswaymanor.org.uk/event/melodeon-workshop-with-will-pound/

RachelAtHalsway

• Good talker
Re: Halsway Manor: Will Pound Workshop Day
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 11:53:59 AM »

BUMP!

Spread the word, thank you. Places still available if any of you fancy it.

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 12:28:51 PM »

Sat Nov 23rd
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Caroline

• Regular debater
    • carolineshipsey.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 06:36:58 PM »

Thoroughly enjoyed both workshops with Will.
The most enjoyable melodeon workshop I’ve ever been to,  So much to take away and practice......

Little Eggy

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 07:31:33 PM »

Very liberating workshop with Will Pound.  Some tutors aim to confine you and guide you down a particular route - do this, do that, not like that, like this - but his style was more about inspiring and enabling.  We spent some time on chords and chord progressions.   I've been messing around with chords today and see massive potential opportunities in future sessions, and in accompanying myself singing.  He is of course a totally dazzling player - sometimes bordering on the delightfully bonkers - and whilst he is busy exploring the African jungle of music I am happily wandering around local footpaths closer to home.  Thank you Will and thank you Halsway Manor.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal