Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Banbury White Horse Tune search  (Read 1077 times)

Martin P

• Respected Sage
Banbury White Horse Tune search
« on: August 22, 2019, 05:07:49 PM »

I’m looking for dots for Banbury White Horse. I have it on a CD being played by Barry Goodman, possibly he wrote it. Sounds to be Em tune, nicely paired with Four Up. Can’t find it on usual sources and not on Lester’s list.

Rob Lands

• Regular debater
Re: Banbury White Horse Tune search
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 06:26:40 PM »

In the Redbornestoke tune book they call this "Shepherd's Hey" I have the dots but I suppose I should ask Barry if he is happy for them to be put up first.  I expect he will say yes but I'll ask first.

malcolmbebb

• In dampest Dorset, on the soggy south coast.
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 06:38:36 PM »

And he is shown as the author.
Dino BPII.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire."

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 06:40:45 PM »

*Composer

Barry seems to have written lots of the Redbournstoke tunes so it would be  a fair guess.

Rob Lands

• Regular debater
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 07:13:46 PM »

Sorry, Barry is the composer!  There are several of his in the Redbornestoke repertoire.  Some of the Redbornstoke dances are being danced by Golden Hare Morris of Ampthill.  And some by other local teams including Red Cuthbert.  I do have the tune in question written out for my own use and will put it up if he says yes.
Four Up is another good one of his that we dance , I have seen it danced out without the synchno that Barry wrote in.  Its another of those starting on E tunes.

malcolmbebb

• In dampest Dorset, on the soggy south coast.
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 08:38:35 PM »

*Composer

LOL hard day at work  :D

And, to save another post, several Redbornstoke dances are danced by Deorfrith Morris in the New Forest, with the intention of adding to that repertoire over time.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 08:40:43 PM by malcolmbebb »
Dino BPII.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire."

Martin P

• Respected Sage
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 09:15:04 PM »

Sorry, Barry is the composer!
Four Up is another good one of his that we dance , I have seen it danced out without the synchno that Barry wrote in.  Its another of those starting on E tunes.
Yep, Four Up is a great tune. I’ve been getting to gripes with it this evening. As always, Barry plays it much embellished . It has a really catchy jaunty rhythm. I actually came across these tunes as a set on a CD of Canal related songs.

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 09:50:00 PM »

...Yep, Four Up is a great tune. I’ve been getting to gripes with it this evening. As always, Barry plays it much embellished . It has a really catchy jaunty rhythm. I actually came across these tunes as a set on a CD of Canal related songs.

Is it actually Barry playing on Morris On? That has been a favorite of mine since the moment I heard it.
Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

Rob Lands

• Regular debater
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2019, 10:55:02 PM »

Barry is happy to share.

X:8
T:Banbury White Horse
C:Barry Goodman
O:Redbornestoke
P:A.(AB)4
K:G
M:4/4
L:1/8
P:A
"Em"E4EFGB | "C"c2c2cBA2 | "G"B2Bc BAGB | "D"A2AG AGF2 | "Em"EFGF EFGB | "C"c2c2cBA2 | "G"B2Bc BAGB | "D"AGFA"G"G2 BA ||
P:B
"G"GABc"D"d2d2 | "C"edce"G"d2d2 | "C"cBAc "G"BAGB |"A" ABc^c "D"d2BA | "G"GABc"D"d2d2 | "C"edce"G"d2d2 | "C"cBAc "G"BAGB | "D"AGFA"G"G4 |]

Rob Lands

• Regular debater
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2019, 10:59:08 PM »

and Four Up.  Please note the chords were written in by me other choices are possible

X:47
T:Four Up
C:Barry Goodman, 2001
P:A(AB)4
M:4/4
L:1/8
K:Em
P:A
"Em"E2EFG2GA|"Em"BA GB- B-AG2|"D"AF AB AG F2|"C"E2 "D"F2 "A"G2 "B"F2|"Em"E2 E FG2 GA|"Em"BA GB- BA G2|"D"AF AB AG F2|"A"G2 "B"F2 "Em"E4:|
P:B
"C"c2 c c-c c c2|"G"BA GB- B-AG2|"D"AF AB AGF2|"G"G2 "A"A2 "B"B4|"C"c2 c c-c cc2|"G"BA G-B- BA G2|"D"AF AB AG F2|"A"G2 "B"F2 "Em"E4:|
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal