Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Erica reed block in a Linnet  (Read 586 times)

Cam Button

• Good talker
Erica reed block in a Linnet
« on: August 24, 2019, 06:41:37 PM »

The Hohner CS shop shipped three treble reed blocks and a bass block instead of two treble, a chord, and bass. So I have an extra row of D. I cut a bit of 12 x 23 stock to fit the Erica block into my Linnet. I had a technician set the reed height and reduce the tremolo just before I left town. The tuning is very dry now, and I'd like to see if the tuning of the extra Erica block is an improvement.

Cam Button

• Good talker
Re: Erica reed block in a Linnet
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 06:43:44 AM »

I need to buy smaller hardware to hold the block down at the knee end. I borrowed a screw from the bass block and cut down a brass picture hanger and it works. Now I know what to look for in the hardware store Monday.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 09:01:36 AM by Cam Button »

gettabettabox

Re: Erica reed block in a Linnet
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 11:19:30 AM »

Just for info, I’ve purchased two complete sets of C#/D reeds from the Hohner c shop within the last year.
The tuning is much the same with both, but the reed response and volume is noticeably better on one set than the other.

They are almost identical except for the latest set (the one with inferior performance,) which has the new quirky looking valves. The reed settings look the same.

I have tried each set in 3 suitable host boxes and it is an obvious difference.
Hopefully, your technician has been able to optimise yours.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal