Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Castagnari Shoulder Strap Extensions  (Read 981 times)

Falconer

Castagnari Shoulder Strap Extensions
« on: August 25, 2019, 07:02:49 PM »

My GC+ Rik came with two sizes of red courderoy shoulder strap extenders. One is 21 1/2 centimeters and one is 28. Well, using all the length of the 28 extender I have the left shoulder strap just right. But using the 21 1/2 inch strap for the right shoulder I am only about 2" shy of getting where I need to be to avoid shoulder strain. I understand I could use shoe laces or some such to add some extra length to the strap, but is it possible to buy just the 28 centimeter strap extender from Castagnari or a retail or repair shop? That way everything stays customized.
Hohner Pokerwork GC (1960's) & Hohner/Koch AD (cir. 1930), Mengascini Milonga GC LM & Hohner Red Perloid DG (1935-40), Castagnari Rik GC+, a DG Beltuna Sara +2 & Bb/Eb Hohner Preciosa moified to 12 Basses. Lachenal 48 Key English Concertina (cir. 1903).

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
Re: Castagnari Shoulder Strap Extensions
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 07:14:20 PM »

The shorter strap is intended for the left shoulder.
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Steve C.

• Erica, Laura, Morse Anglo
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 01:16:52 PM »

Falconer, you can also punch another hole about ¾" longer at every buckle.
Located in Central North Carolina, USA; credit for picture: livingplanet.ca

Falconer

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 02:39:11 PM »

Thanks Steve. That's a good idea. I'll see if I can buy a good leather hole punch at Joann Fabrics or Michael's Crafts.
Hohner Pokerwork GC (1960's) & Hohner/Koch AD (cir. 1930), Mengascini Milonga GC LM & Hohner Red Perloid DG (1935-40), Castagnari Rik GC+, a DG Beltuna Sara +2 & Bb/Eb Hohner Preciosa moified to 12 Basses. Lachenal 48 Key English Concertina (cir. 1903).

Falconer

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 01:48:15 AM »

Thanks other Steve also. I think the straps look identical but the other strap sits better on my right shoulder and doesn't tug to the side the way the other one does.

Steve C.

• Erica, Laura, Morse Anglo
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 12:59:19 PM »

I used this: (from Amazon, can't make the page come up)
XOOL Revolving Punch Plier Kit, Punch Hole Tool including Punch Plier, Brass Pad, Screwdriver and Grinding Rod for Belt, Saddle, Watch Strap, Shoe, Fabric, Paper, etc
It was USD$12 and quite decent.
Located in Central North Carolina, USA; credit for picture: livingplanet.ca

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
    • "Our Luxor B&B" Luxor life, slice by slice.
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2019, 02:02:36 PM »

Or, you could just enlarge the hole with a hammer and centre punch (or whatever comes to hand) and then ream it out to suit with the narrow blade of a pair of scissors, giving it a final tidy up by slicing the "extra" bits of rag off with a Stanley knife or scalpel, (or whatever comes to hand)!
No cost involved.
At last, broken and resigned to accept conformity.
Oh, how I LOVE Big Brother!

pete /acorn

• .Cast Trilly
    • Acorn Instruments
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2019, 04:46:40 PM »

Hi
I now have strap extensions in stock,2 widths,same colour leather as Castagnari straps just slightly different lining colour.
Acorn Instruments are the official retailer for Castagnari Instruments,Melodeons and Accordions for England and Scotland and have an extensive stock of new instruments on the shelf for prompt delivery in standard layouts however these can easily be changed to customers specia lrequirements
 We also have the largest stock in the UK of  pre loved melodons all fully serviced,and with 12 months warranty
UK and international customers catered for
www.acorninstruments.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal